t e n - l i g h t s

| evan's pov |

after the second round of auditions, i went straight to the room where everything was set up. i checked it one more time to make sure nothing's missing.

i turned the lights off and waited for her.

a few minutes later the door opened.

shit. this is it.

now i felt her sitting on the opposite side of me.

act cool evan.

"i don't know how to start this off, but here it goes." i started.

"i've loved you ever since my eyes landed on yours. there's just..there's something special in you that i just can't get enough of." i took a deep breath.

"would you..would you want to be my girlfriend?" she screeched.

"yes!" wait. that's not taissa's voice.

|||

| kyle's pov |

hours before the auditions started

i grabbed my keys and drove to a flower shop. i picked out the first one that caught my eye.

ombré roses.

i paid for it then drove back to the hotel. luckily, i bought the promise ring last night. sigh. i know. "last minute shopping". it was worth the stress though.

|||

i knocked on taissa's door and felt like my balls are gonna fall off.

"come in." she yelled.

i turned the knob and chuckled, "it's always unlock."

she was still in the bathroom when i entered her room.

i scattered the petals all over her bed and left one to give to her.

i took a deep breath and hoped that everything works out.

as she opened the bathroom door i saw her eyes form tears.

"kyle..i..i don't know what to say..." she had a hard time finding words.

"look at the mess you made." she frowned.

well, that wasn't the reaction i expected.

my head dropped in embarrassment and cussed at myself. i should've just kept it all together.

"i was just playing." she chuckled and lifted my chin up. i smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

she grab a hold of my hair and it was honestly hot as fuck. before everything got intense, she pulled away for air.

"ok..where was i.." she giggled, "oh yeah. taissa farmiga, would you..would you want to be my other half?"

"yes, kyle." she hugged me tight, "with all my heart." i gave her a peck on her lips and slipped the promise ring on.

"kyle i.." her eyes twinkled as she stared at the ring on her finger, "you know you didn't have to spend a shit ton of money on me." i chuckled. "a ring pop would have been a cheaper alternative." i pulled her into a hug once again. i'm thankful to have met her. i don't even know where i would be without her. i'm gonna give kudos to evan for dragging me to this audition.

"what are you thinking about?" she nudged my shoulder.

"you." she smirked and playfully punched me.

"hey." she looked at me, "what?" with one eyebrow raised.

"you know evan likes tessa, right?" her eyes widen.