s t i f f

| taissa's pov |

as i laid kyle's pale body on my bed, i couldn't help but burst into tears. i feel like someone just plunged a knife inside my chest; digging deeper everytime i take a glimpse of the person i love, lifeless.

i walked to the bathroom to cleanse myself and more likely hide my tears under the water dripping down my head.

|||

i turned the knob and sat there, sobbing.

"get yourself together and stop crying!" my inner and smarter self scolded.

i stayed there for a little longer, trying to take in what the present is offering.

kyle is dead and no one knows why.

my fucking love of my life got slit on the throat.

rage filled my system and it started to get out of hand, but i somewhat managed to calm myself down before wrapping the cold towel around my wet body.

|||

i walked pass my bed and saw that kyle was not there.

what the ???

i walked around my hotel room, but still nothing.

"kyle...kyle?" i saw a figure standing in front of the fridge.

"kyle.." i softly trailed off as he turned around, displaying his bloody throat.

this can't be happening.

this is just a dream that i just can't pull myself out of.

"taissa..look at what he did to me.." he gargled blood and it was time for me to close my eyes.

"get out of my head." i repeatedly pounded my fists on my skull, trying to somehow catapult myself out of the situation.

"oh i'm not in your head, babe. i'm right here." my eyes opened and saw a zombie looking kyle, with blood dripping down his chest.

"no. kyle." i pulled my hair in a tight grip.

"i feel like i'm losing it..."

he started to move towards me so i took a step back. a few more steps later i felt a hard figure behind my back.

my face quickly looked at the person and with the smirk on his face, he exclaimed, "boo." i screamed at the top of my lungs, terrified at the sight, but later realized what this was all about.

they pulled a prank on me.

"you assholes!" they started laughing so i joined in to cover the heat rising up on my cheeks.

"we got you so good." kyle proudly claimed.

"we are the jack-o-lanterns in july." evan added.

"it's not even july yet; it's only june." i threw a pillow on his face and it kind of messed his hair up.

"did you get that on record evan?" he nodded and shot me a smirk.

record? what?

i gave them a confused look and they just answered it with a blank stare.

"yeah. her face was priceless." evan chuckled, holding a phone in his hand. "see.." he stretched his hand towards me and played the video.

the scene where i found kyle, the moment when i got so scared of him becaus he came back to life and my reaction to all of it was captured in one device.

this is so embarassing.

"aw babe, come here." kyle pulled me into a hug as i buried my red-tinted cheeks on his shoulder.