t a l k s

| evan's pov |

they exchanged hugs and i was disgusted by the sight.

how could they do this behind our back?

i mean like, i couldn't care less about how i feel about this, but taissa...she doesn't deserve this bullshit.

"so are the plans for tonight all settled?"

"yeah. everything is right where you want them to be."

out of nowhere, my phone started ringing so loud inside my pocket and i struggled to turn it off.

"who's there?"

i swiftly got myself out of the location and went inside the hotel to grab my wallet so it'll make my excuse believable.

|||

when i stepped outside the hotel doors, i started to regret being a coward earlier. i should have stayed there a little bit longer, even if there's a high chance of me being caught. i didn't get enough information to back up my suspicion between tessa and kyle, but i'm sure as hell i smell bullshit behind their innocent looks.

"that took you so long." she patted the space next to her as i formulate words to say.

"yeah. dropped my keys a lot of times." i awkwardly laughed and she just shook her head.

"i told you it was ok...that...you know...i'm gonna pay for it." she mumbled and it made me chuckle a bit.

"boys are supposed to be the one's paying, not girls."

"and who told you that?" she placed her hands on her hips, looking like a concerned mother. what a sudden change of tone.

"it's an act of chivalry...are you even paying attention in literature class or something?" she pushed my shoulder, i guess i kind of offended her...in some way.

"what?"

"nothing." she paused, trying to hide the curve that was forming on her pink lips, "let's drink our coffee before it gets too cold." i nodded my head and took a sip of the black coffee.

yup. just as i wanted it to be.

me with taissa plus a cup of coffee.

please tell me this is not a dream.

|||

| taissa's pov |

"oh shoot." i just recalled something as i finished paying for our drinks.

"is there anything wrong?"

"i told jeff to meet up with me at some point today, but i got carried away...it's all your fault." i giggled at my childish behavior and i was glad he didn't take it the wrong way.

"what time is it anyway?"

"does it look like i have a watch?" i lifted my arm up, showing my pale and unoccupied wrist.

"well...you have a phone." he replied and i paused.

wow taissa. pull yourself together.

"right..." i trailed off, quite embarrassed.

as I pressed the home button on my phone, the screen illuminated and showed the time.

to my surprise, jeff hasn't sent me any impatient messages or missed calls...yet. then it hit me like a brick.

we really didn't set up a time.

"jeff, we finished filming like..hours ago. still wanna hang out?" i pressed the sent button and eagerly waiting for his reply.