e i g h t - h o b o s

| taissa's pov |

after the little incident back in kyle's and evan's room, i went back to my hotel room to pick up my journal. both of them offered to walk me to my door, but i refused. i don't wanna be treated as if i couldn't handle myself.

i heard a light knock on the door. i double checked my bag to make sure everything is in there. ok. so, journal check, phone check, earphones...where the fuck are my earph- oh wait here it is. it was covered by my sweater. i chuckled.

there was a knock again.

"i'll be out in a minute." i shouted, but didn't get a reply. well that's strange.

i opened the door and saw kyle smiling at me.

"what are you doing here? i-i don't need help with walking or anything." he shook his head.

am i missing something here?

"remember what we talked about yesterday?" he smirked.

i furrowed my eyebrows and squinted my eyes. oh shit i forgot. i was supposedly his "model of perfection" pfft. more like model of laziness.

"oh yeah." i replied and he nodded.

i stepped out of my room and locked it.

we walked straight to the elevator. wait what. i thought i was gonna help him in their room.

"wait..where are we going?" i asked.

"to the park."

"what. why?"

he was silent. oh ok then.

|||

he drove pass the park and i started to feel sweat forming on my palms.

kyle noticed my awkwardness and chuckled.

"relax, tai." i looked at him, "it's not like i'm abducting you or something." i let out an awkward and forced laugh.

he parked in a bakery shop and started to unbuckle his seatbelt.

"what do you want for breakfast?" he asked.

"uh..n-nothing. i'm still full." my stomach growled out of nowhere and i felt my cheeks turning red.

"your stomach says otherwise." he softly laughed and left the car.

i brought my journal out and started writing,

06/14

things happen in the weirdest time. take today as an example. i said something and my body reacted to it's contradiction.

i laughed at the memory and closed my journal.

"what's the reason behind that beautiful smile of yours?" kyle caught me off guard. i didn't even notice his presence.

i just shook my head, "oh, nothing. i just remembered a fun memory." he smiled then handed me a cup of hot cocoa and a cinnamon bun.

by the time we got to the park, my cup of hot beverage was now empty and my cinnamon bun was half way done. i could feel his eyes on me and it made my stomach turn.

|||

the cold summer breeze hit my face and i shivered. the air still tickled my skin eventhough i was wearing a thick sweater.

weird.

i heard a light chuckle coming out of kyle's lips as he was trying to take his jacket off.

"no..no. i'm good." i smiled at him, but he took it off anyway.

"you're cold." he placed his jacket on my shoulders and it instantly sent warmth throughout my body.