thirty two

Seth

As soon as I hung up the phone with Kim I began to sob again. I really didn't think that I was being mean to Leah, I was just having a little bit of fun. She of all people should know that, she usually joins in but lately she's been so rude to me.

"Seth?! What's wrong sweetie?" Kim exclaimed, running over to where I was sitting on the ground.

"Kim? When did you get here?" I asked her, I didn't even hear her come in.

"I just came in, I could hear you sobbing through the window so I ran to you. What happened?"

"She told you I was a waste of space!" I sobbed

"What? Who?"

"I-I- Leah! It was Leah!"

"What! Why! There had to be a reason! She would never do that to you!"

"I was just playing around! She was texting Liberty about going to a romance movie and I was just trying to make a joke! She hates me now! Oh God my big sister hates me and is never going to talk to me again and she's going to get married to Liberty and leave me and I'm never going to see her again!"

"Listen to me, listen to me, Seth, everything is going to be ok! Ok? Yes, she's mad at you right now, but just give it a few days at max and everything will just blow over and be back to normal"

"Are you sure? I don't wanna lose Le"

"100%, you and Leah will be completely fine, I'm sure she's just stressed right now- oh, Jared's calling, I'll just ignore it, he can wait"

"You can answer, I'm sure it's something sort of importance"

"No, it's ok, I'm hanging out with you, Jared can wait"

"Thanks Kim, I just, I feel so lost, I don't know how I would live without Leah, she's my best friend- answer it, he's gotta have something if he's calling again"

"Nah, he's probably just wondering if I'm going to his after we're done hanging out. Do you wanna play a game?"

"Let's play wii sports! I'm the best at baseball!"

"I don't doubt it, but I can kick your ass at tennis!"

"Let's play a game of baseball then a game of tennis!

"Wait I need to make a mii first, then we can play"

"Wait wait wait wait wait, you definitely need to make one of Jared but screw it up a bunch, how funny would that be!"

"Hilarious! Let's do it!"

We can fined to make both her and a messed up Jared while her phone kept ringing, then played wii sports. "How are you so good at baseball?" She asked

"Home run! I don't know, I'm just a natural!"

"Let's play tennis now, since I'm pathetic at baseball"

"Oooh, power serve, take that! What! How did you return it!"

"I'm good at this, yes! My point!"

"Ok, let's try this again, round two!"

"I don't know why you think you're going to win, I'm great at returning these serves better than you can hit home runs! Hah! I win!"

"Maybe you should call Jared back now? He's called you like 20 times"

"Yeah you're right, I'll call him quick then we can play again. Hey Jare, sorry I was playing wii sports with Seth, what's up? Ok I'll put it on speaker"

"Seth! You're supposed to be patrolling twenty minutes ago!"

"What?" I asked "I though you and Paul were on?"

"Only to make sure Embry didn't do something he regretted, now hurry up, Paul's pissed and I have to run with you!"

"Ok! I'm coming!" I exclaimed, "sorry Kim, we'll play another time? I'll get better at tennis so I can beat you!"

"Ok, just go patrol"

I ran out back and phased into my wolf, then ran to where Paul was. "Finally, I have things to do!"

"Like what, crush on Serena?" I asked

"Yes! Just that! You wouldn't know because you haven't imprinted yet!"

"Don't hurt her! I actually like this one"

"Shut up, I've changed"

"If you say so" I sang, running the north border. Paul phased out and it was just me and Jared left.

"What we're you doing that you couldn't answer my calls?" Jared asked me

"I was playing wii sports with Kim. We made you a mii!" I thought of the mii we made of him and broke into laughter

"I don't look anything like that you little twerp! Why did Kim go over there so fast anyway? She sounded frantic"

"Oh, Uh, it was nothing"

"Seth" Jared pried

"It was nothing, Jared! It doesn't matter"

"Come on buddy, you can tell me!"

The thoughts of the fight Leah and I had slipped though and I went into panic, trying g to think of anything but that so that I wouldn't get made fun of. "She called you a waste of space? How could she?"

"Jared no, I don't want to talk about it"

"Seth, it sounds like you do need to talk about-"

"Jared I said no! Just drop it!" I continued to run the shift, blocking any thoughts about anything and not talking to Jared at all

Serena

As soon as I got home I went to bed. I was exhausted and since I'm starting school again tomorrow I needed to get some good rest. "Hey sweetie, do you want some dinner before you go to bed for the night?" Mom asked, sticking her head into my room

"No thanks, I'm pretty tired" I replied

"Are you sure? It's only seven, that's a long time you're going to go without food tonight"

"It's ok, I'm not hungry anyway"

"Alright sweetie, get some sleep, I love you"

"I love you too mom" I said as she shut the door and I heard her do a little cheer. Before I knew it I was shaken awake rudely.

"Hmmm?" I asked, eyes still closed

"Do you know where Embry is? It's a school night and he's still not home yet, I'm getting worried" mom asked me

"What time is it?" I asked

"It's 12:30"

"I don't know, he's probably at Emily and Sams"

"I told them to make him go home when it gets late on school nights! I swear, nobody listens to me. Can you call them?"

"Yeah sure" I said, still half asleep.