twenty four

"Embry?" I asked that night as I watched my twin try and sneak out of our bedroom window. It's 2 in the morning and still in the middle of a big storm, so there's no reason why he should be sneaking out.

"Yeah Serena?" He replied, straddling the window with his head inside the house

"I'm scared" I mumbled, shaking as thunder struck throughout the night

"It's ok, it's just a storm, you don't have to be scared"

"Yes I do! This is the first storm I've ever witnessed! I've never even heard thunder or seen lightning before today!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that they drugged me! They drugged me to make me sleep through every storm! I was drugged at least twice a week for the entirety of my life, and now, they've really screwed me over"

"They drugged you!" He yelled, stepping into the room fully, soaked from the rain, "they fucking drugged you! I swear to God if they did anything else like this to you I will personally make them 6 feet shorter!"

"Can you just stay with me?" I asked him in a small voice, scared of his yelling, "please?"

"Yeah, yeah just let me put on dry clothes" he replied, shutting the window then grabbing clothes and walking to the bathroom to put them on.

Embry

Need somebody to cover my patrol, Serena woke up while I was leaving and asked me to stay with her because she's scared of the storm. Got to tell the group something in the morning though, it's important I texted the group chat that had all of us shifters in it, hoping somebody would wake up and take my shift.

I was supposed to be patrolling with Sam tonight, and he'd be pissed if nobody showed up to help him.

I waited a few more minutes before Leah finally texted the group back, I'll do it Call, but you owe me, and tell that twin of yours to grow some balls and stop being a baby

Don't talk about her like that! You don't know what she's gone through her entire life! I replied

Can't be much worse than loosing my own father but ok

She didn't have real parents until a few days ago! Stop being such a bitch! I put my phone away then walked back into my bedroom.

Serena was curled into a ball in the middle of her bed, with a blanket wrapped around her and tears falling from her eyes. I rushed up to her side and pulled her into a hug, sitting on her bed in the process.

"Shhhhh, you're alright, it's gonna be ok. I'm right here, it'll all get better"

Sam

"Where the hell is Embry!" I growled at Leah when she phased, he was already 10 minutes late and was pissing me off to the point where I was going to make him run doubles

"That wimp gets has for a sister got scared of the puny thunderstorm going on so he texted the group and asked for somebody to cover for him" Leah laughed

"Yeah? Well his 'wimp' of a sister also happens to be my 'wimp' of a sister so shut it Leah, you're running doubles tonight"

"I wasn't even supposed to be running! This is so unfair!"

"You should of thought about it before you insulted my sister, who also happens to be Paul's imprint, so you better hope you didn't say anything bad about her in the group chat"

"Fuck! Paul is going to kill me! Please tell him not to kill me!"

"Too late!" Paul growled when he phased. I could practically feel his anger even though he was on the other side of town.

All Paul was thinking about was the texts that Leah sent yo the group chat, and he was fuming, "you said she needs to grow some balls and stop being a baby, last time I checked Leah you're still single after Sam dumped you for your cousin!" Paul yelled enraged

"You're wrong!" Leah shot back

"I'm not wrong, you're just a lonely little prick who probably won't ever imprint because you weren't even supposed to phase!" Paul continued, gaining on us

"Paul!" I warned but he didn't listen to me, not when I didn't use my alpha voice

"You're completely wrong Paul! I'm not lonely and I'm not single!" Leah roared

"Prove it!" Paul roared back, tackling Leah to the ground

"I imprinted!" Leah cried, and images of a short blond haired girl with pale skin and freckles flashed into our heads.

Paul stopped moving in disbelief, "you imprinted?" He asked quietly

"I didn't want to! I like guys but I imprinted on her! I don't even know much about her! Just that her name is Liberty and she works at the diner in Forks" Leah whispered, "I don't like girls, my imprint is wasted! She doesn't like me and she has a boyfriend and I was a bitch to her at the diner! I've ruined my only chances with the one imprint that I get! God I don't even like girls!"

"Leah," I stopped her from her rant, "just because you imprinted doesn't mean that it has to be in a romantic way, yeah Emily and I are together in a romantic way, and Paul and Serena are probably going to be together in a romantic way eventually, and Jared and Kim are romantic, but not all imprints are like that, like Quil, Clair views him as an older brother figure and that's probably all he's going to be to her, but that's ok, he's happy if his imprint is happy, and you can be happy too, you just have to give it a chance"

"I'm sorry Paul," Leah mumbled, shaking her head

"What? I didn't catch that" Paul said like a jackass

"You know you heard what I said you douchebag"

"I don't recall" Paul laughed

"I said that I'm sorry"

"For what are you sorry for exactly?"

"For being a bitch about how you and Serena are imprints, and for saying that she needs to grow some balls and stop acting like a baby" Leah told Paul and he nodded before running off in the direction of his house.