sixty five

Serena

"Embry! Stop!" I yelled, walking down the stairs and closer to him slowly.

"Serena stay back, you could get hurt" Seth warned and I stopped in my tracks.

Suddenly, Embry exploded into his wolf, making me step back slightly. Embry was seething, his breaths coming out ragged and short.

He stepped towards me, but before he could, Seth jumped between us, being tackled by the large wolf. "Serena! Run!" Seth yelled

"I can't just let him attack you!" I yelled back, watching as Embry snapped his teeth at Seth

"I'll be ok, I'm a wolf, remember?!"

A deep growl cut me out of my trance, and I turned my back, sprinting away from the scene. When I was a good distance away, I turned back to look at the pair, watching as Seth phased into his own wolf and threw Embry off of him.

They rolled around in the yard and I turned back, continuing my run to Jakes house.

Once I was finally there, I threw the door open. "Jake!" I yelled, running into his room. He shot up from his bed, looking around the room frantically.

"What's wrong?" He asked

"Embry and Seth are fighting at Sam and Emily's! You have to go split them up!"

"Uh, ok! You stay here until I get back, ok?"

I nodded and he ran from the room quickly. I watched him through the window, watching as he phased and sprinted into the tree line.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Sams number, intending to notify him about what's going on. "Hey Serena, Sam's busy breaking up Embry and Seth right now" Leah said once she answered Sam's phone.

"Why aren't you?" I asked, "it's your brother after all"

"He'll be alright, Embry's not that tough"

"Hey! That's my brother you're talking about!" I laughed

"Anywho, you wanna go get dinner tonight at the forks diner?"

"I wish I could, but moms making dinner. That's why Embry was there in the first place. I'm sorry"

"That's alright, I'll bring Sethy poo if he makes it out alive. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, for sure!" I said before hanging up.

I sat ok Jakes bed and sighed, wishing that Embry was able to keep his temper. I sat for fifteen minutes before Quil walked in, waiting by the door.

"Hey Rena, Sam told me to bring you home. Embry's getting bitched at so he couldn't come get you" he told me

"Is he hurt?"

"You're asking if he's hurt? He almost attacked you. Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm ok. I realized that there's going to be at least one instance like that around you guys"

Paul

After I finished my rounds, I went straight to Serena's house. I glared at Embry as he climbed out of the window, sending a low growl his way.

"Hey Paul" Serena mumbled as I climbed into her room, patting the spot next to her on her bed. I climbed in next to her and she snuggled into me instantly, letting out a sigh. "I missed you. Today has been interesting"

"I want to kill Embry" I told her

"I know you do. I'm surprised you haven't already honestly"

"I held back for your sake. He's an idiot"

"Let's go to bed now. I couldn't sleep because Embry kept apologizing over and over again"

"Goodnight, sweetie"

Serena

Paul and I woke up late the next morning to noise coming from the living room. "Serena!" A feminine voice called from the living room, making me furrow my eyebrows.

Mom worked the middle shift today and Bailey and Birkley would have called ahead of time, so I had no clue who was in my house. I pulled myself out of Paul's embrace, with protest from him, and made my way to the living room, only to find Leah and Kim sitting on my couch.

"What's up guys?" I asked them

"Girls day, remember? We talked on the phone yesterday" Leah told me

"Oh yeah, give me like 10 minutes to change and kick Paul out." I turned around before they could comment on Paul being here.

"Who is it?" Paul asked, sitting up in my bed.

"It's Leah and Kim, we're having a girls day"

"What time is it?"

"It's 12:30, we slept super late. Much needed, but way too late"

"So does that mean I can't go with?"

"Are you a girl?"

"No," he sighed, "I guess I'll go bug Sam"

He stood and pulled me into a hug, then gave me a kiss before I watched him climb out of my window. "I'll see you tonight?" I asked him

"You know it" he replied.

I got ready for the day with a smile on my face, hustling to put all of my clothes on. Once I was finished getting ready, I met the girls back in the living room.

"Ready?" Kim asked and I nodded, looping my arms with the two of them.

"Where are we going?" I asked

"We're gonna go get massages! Then pedicures! It'll be awesome!" Leah exclaimed, getting into the drivers seat of her car.

"We're not gonna get attacked by another vampire, are we?" I asked them, buckling into the middle seat.

"I promise we won't, besides, Sam's got patrols going constantly so there's no way one would get through" Leah said as we drove off.

Embry

"This isn't fair" I growled into the pack link

"Not my fault you attacked your own sister" Jake replied as he ran the borders.

Sam had me running a double today because of yesterday. It wasn't even needed because Jake and Quil were both still running their own shift. This was basically torture. And we have school tomorrow, just the other day Sam said he cared about my grades, yet today he's jeopardizing my grade on my big test tomorrow.

"Guys. Northeast border. Three of them" Quil said and I skidded to a stop, turning around to get to where the leeches are.

"That's the direction the girls are going in"