forty

Serena

Once I was sure the guys were out of my room I reached over and locked the door. I didn't want them to come in here and see me like this again, they would just make it worse. I don't know where they disappeared to earlier, but I'm sure whatever they did didn't turn out well.

Memories of last night came flooding back and I began to sob uncontrollably. Not only did I cry because of how much of an idiot I am, but also because Paul probably thinks I'm a weak link and probably doesn't want me. My sobs haunted when I thought of Paul, why do I care about what he thinks? Since when does it matter how he sees me? No, it doesn't matter, I'm being stupid. My cries resumed, this time louder, and failed to stop for hours upon end.

By hour three I was out of tears and was just dry heaving, the urge to vomit increasing with each passing minute. Finally, I felt the vomit rise up my throat, causing me to leap out of bed and sprint towards the bathroom.

I didn't make it, I waited to long to move myself and threw up in the middle of the hallway.  Falling to my knees, I leaned over and heaved until my throat was burning, the only thing coming out was yesterday's lunch.

Leaning against the wall, I began to cry even harder, embarrassed about throwing up in the hallway. I closed my eyes as I cried to try and take myself anywhere but here, but a hand on my shoulder drew me out of my alternate reality.

I opened my eyes to see my mother in front of me with a concerned look on her face. "What's going on sweetie?" She asked

I glanced to down the hallway towards where I was sure the guys were. "It's ok, I sent them to Sams place when I got here. You can tell me what happened"

"How long have you been here?" I sobbed

"I walked in right before you left your room. As soon as I heard you I sent the boys out. Now why are you so upset?"

"He lied to me!"

"Who? Paul? I'll kick his ass!"

"No! L-Laken!"

"Oh honey, let's get you cleaned up, ok? I'll run you a bath, come here"

Mom helped me up and lead me to the bathroom where she sat me on the toilet. I watched as she started the bath and began to pour all kinds of soaps in that made the entire room smell fantastic. "I'll come check on you in an hour, ok?"

"Ok" I said as she shut the door behind her.

Laken

I got slammed off the chair I was sitting on suddenly, and had punches being thrown at me in an instant. "Jake!" The lady named Emily yelled

"Get off of me you filthy mutt!" I screamed at him, throwing my hands up in defense. Two of the others pulled him off of me and I stood up, dusting myself off. "Where the hell did you come from!"

"Up your ass, dickwad! Why the hell would you do that to Serena?! And then you have the audacity to show yourself here!" Jake growled at me

"Woah calm down boy, I'm case you didn't know, I'm one of you now" I shot at him

"Not by choice" Paul threw in

"Watch it, lover boy, I can break her heart all over again" I smirked, raising an eyebrow and the angry senior. He should scare me, but making him angry was taking away the fear

"You take that back!" Embry growls

"Or what, you'll run off to daddy? Oh wait he left you because he didn't want you" I laughed

"That is enough!" Sam yelled and all of us went silent. I wanted to say more, but my body was betraying me and wasn't letting me.

"Now that the hissy fit is over, Laken you need to be trained" Sam said

"Ok cool, when?" I asked him

"You start now, all day everyday, until you can control your wolf enough to the point where you can go to school again without lashing out"

Embry

"Wait a minute, I have to miss school? For how long?" Laken asked

"Depends on the person really, we'll see" Jared said before he left to go patrol. I didn't even see him walk in but apparently he just wanted a snack.

"How long did it take all of you guys?"

"A few weeks mostly, some of us are still having problems though" Sam said, directing the end towards Paul.

"Hey, we all have our weak spots, Jakes is Bella, Embry's is his mom, mine is Serena, you can't blame it on me for wanting to protect my imprint" Paul defended himself

"What's an imprint?" Laken asked

"Oh my God!" I groaned

"An imprint is like your soulmate, although the relationship doesn't have to be romantic, it could just be friends!" Seth said cheerfully, happy to finally be able to contribute to the conversation

"Ohhh, so Emily is yours?" Sam nodded, "and Serena?" Paul also nodded, "oh shit. Is Kim Jared's then?"

"Yeah she is" Emily said

"And Bella is Jakes?"

"Nope, just a friend" Jake said

"Yeah but you want it to be more than that" I teased and Jake threw a bread roll at me head

"Embry?" I shook my head, "Seth?" Seth also shook his head. "Huh, how do you find them?"

"Basically, when you look into their eyes everything around you just turns into nothingness. Your heard starts to bead faster and you start to have flashes of the future your going to have with your imprint. Then, when eye contact is broken, both you and your imprint will feel different, like something is missing unless the other is around" Sam explained.

"I'm so sorry Paul, for putting Serena through that when you were right there for her. I feel terrible" Laken apologized

"You should feel terrible. She's been in bed sobbing all day because she thinks something's wrong with her" Paul shot at Laken, glaring at him.

"Oh God, I have to talk to her!"