Chapter 13

Hey, guys. A new chapter is here. Hope you like it, let me know what you think. It's a whole chapter dedicated to Liam Cooper. P.S. Check the picture of Eoin Macken on the right! Enjoy! Love you all. A~

I am going to be a father soon. That brings me so much joy; I can’t even express it in words. My kids mom, man, she’s the most amazing person in the whole world. She is a smart arse general surgeon, she’s beautiful and kind. But I only have one tini-tiny problem with her.

Because she is a kindhearted woman, now she believes that I, we need to tell my father that he’s going to be a granddad. No, wait. Not a granddad, a grandfather. Because dads are the ones that raise you and love you no matter what. That man it’s not my dad, he’s only my father. He only contributed to my making.  Sure I told everybody who isn’t important to me that he was the one that raised me… but that isn’t technically true.  He was there but I had to support myself because he cared more about my idiotic brother that me. 

Flashback

-         Dad. I need you to sign this paper so I can go with my friends on the school field trip.

-         I can’t afford to let you go. He said

-         But you are giving Truman money to go to that expensive concert in London!! That’s not fair! I cried

-         He is your older brother. He deserves everything. He replied pushing me out of the room.

End of flashback

I was only a kid that time and that was the last time I let him humiliate me because of my brother.  That scumbag of father supported Truman even after he went to prison.  When I turned 16 I left home, got several jobs and paid myself for med school.

-         No, Jessica. I brought myself here. I raised myself. That man doesn’t deserve to know this baby. He’s a monster. He always loved my killer brother more, even after... I said starting to cry.

-         Liam…  I understand what you must feel. But I… he’s the only grandparent our baby it’s going to have. And it breaks my heart to know… Anyway… I Googled your father and if you want here is his number.

-         Where are you going? I asked taking her hand.

-         I have a shift in half an hour. Think about it, Li. I love you.

-         I love you too, Jessica.

What’s to think about? He means nothing to me.  The last time I called him was the day I graduated from med school, the day I finally became a doctor.

Flashback

-         Hello? I asked

-         Who is this? The voice asked back

-         It’s Liam father, your son.

-         Liam? What do you want?

-         I just wanted to… never mind. This was a mistake. Bye-

-         Wait!

-         Yes? I asked trying not to lose my temper.

-         You’re brother misses you too.

-         I don’t. He is a killer. Damn, dad. I can’t believe you still defend him that you still make everything about him!

-         You are a killer too!