Chapter 15

I really wonder where our lives are going to take us today. In what adventure, with who and why? But I especially wonder, if I'll have to save Arthur's big fat royal backside.

Oh who am I kidding? Of course I'll have to save it. I always save it. Every hour of every bloody day. Good Lord, he can't even get dressed by himself.

I get out of bed on this beautiful, sunny morning, early morning and I go down to the kitchen to see if Greta has finished the King's breakfast. Man, that woman is so annoying. She won't let me steal anything; she thinks she's the queen of that chamber. Anyway I go towards there; I get the food and climb the stairs to his room.

On the way I greet my favorite and foolish knight, Gwaine and he says that I better hurry 'cause Arthur has planned a trip to God knows where.

- Good morning, sire! How are you this morning? I asked serving his breakfast in bed.

- I am excited Merlin! He said

- What's that all about? I asked. Gwaine said something about a trip? I asked again intrigued.

- Well it's a sunny and beautiful day and I want to enjoy it. He said

- Okay. I am going to prepare the horses and something to eat. You should tell me how long we will be gone, because I -

- Oh, no, Merlin. No. No. You- he said pointing at me. You are not coming with me.

- What? That can't happen! I can't let you go alone! I basically almost screamed

- Merlin!! What is wrong with you? He asked laughing.

- I am your man servant sire, I must-

- Nonsense. Take a day off, help Gaius with herbs or whatever. Or you can go to the tavern.

- Me? At the tavern? Are you ill, Arthur? You are telling me to go to the tavern? I must go fetch Ga-

- Merlin. Please. For once do as I say and go, leave me.

- You-I- you aren't dressed.

- I can do it myself, I am a grown man. Now go.

Ok. This can't be good. Whatever he has planned, it can't be good. He never lets me have a day off, let alone lets me go to the tavern.

- What is the trouble? Asked Gaius.

- Something is wrong with Arthur. I need to follow him.

- What? Why?

- He let me have a day off and insisted on me going to the tavern.

- So what's wrong with that? He looked surprised

- Everything. I said walking towards the door.

- Mer-Merlin. I -

- Gaius? Gaius? Are you ok? I rushed back to the old man.

- I don't feel very good.

- Let me heal you.

I tried magic but it didn't work.

- My boy, there is a plant that can cure me.

- Which one? I asked nervous.

- I don't remember the name; you must find it in one of the books. It's rare, very rare.

- Gaius!!!! Seriously?

I can't believe this. Something is wrong with Gaius too, and I am not talking about the sudden sickness. It is too sudden.