Chapter 17

Arthur's POV 

Memories are coming back to me, more and more each day. I sometimes feel bad remembering how badly I treated the man that sacrificed for me and my kingdom, the man that now saved me again. 

Merlin waited all this time for me to come back to him and I can't help feeling like an arse. I need to do something to make it up to him. 

The problem is that I don't really know him, not like he is today, and all I remember from our past is that he was there for me as a men servant.  

"Maybe I should get a job." I said to the television. "What did you just said?" I get scared realizing someone was behind me. Thankfully I recognize Liam's voice. 

"I think I should get a job. I've been living on your back long enough." I replied. " I don't think that Joel would agree, but let's see." He said sitting down on the comfy sofa. " What are your skills?" Liam added.

" I think I am pretty good with a sword. And I remember I am pretty good at barking orders around, as Olivia pointed." I said with a straight face, but he laughed.

" Ok, man. This isn't working. " My friend gasped. " Liam, think! I need to have something to do, or I will loose my mind. But don't tell Liv or Joel until I get something." 

He agreed to stay silent and help if I agree to ask Enzo as well, maybe he'll be better at helping me. So since Liam wasn't on call today we decided to go to the mall and meet Enzo there for lunch. I am not sure that he is familiar with our story but maybe he'll understand my situation. 

" That's great, mate!" He said sipping some coffee. 

We had this lunch that consisted in coffee and some fries and I think that's a cheeseburger. Me with my boys, we decided to apply for a job at one of the fast-food places here in the mall.

" If you get job, it will be perfect because the mall is close to home and you can take a bus here and back." Enzo explained. " What I don't understand is why I can't tell Olivia? I don't like keeping secrets from her. " He added questioning me. " Just please, don't. " I said getting up filled with emotion for what is my first job interview. I can't believe that Merlin is not here with me to support me in this. 

" What is it, A?" Liam said seeing my doubt 

" It's going to be alright." They both said and after I sighed I went forward.

***

The guys couldn't wait for me to get the interview done, so I had to ride the bus back home. It's a new experience and I am happy to see that I learned the drill fast enough. I got home to see Merlin sitting on the front porch with a smoke in his hand. 

" This is a new look." I said to him 

"I know it's bad for your health and all that, but I don't have to worry about that, you know?" He said smiling. 

" What is going on?" I asked 

" It's nothing, I'm ok. Just work stress. " He replied taking another smoke. "Where have you been? I've been worried." He asked

" You don't need to worry about me, Me- Joel. " I said realizing that we are outside. " I was at the mall. I got a job." I spoke

Merlin was mid inhaling the toxic smoke when I told him that I got a job. He chocked on the smoke and looked at me very shocked. 

" You did what?" He asked clearing his voice. " I know... I, the you know what of you know what, got a job." 

"Where? How?" He was curious