Engagement announcement

News:

A royal engagement for the Cambridge family.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced on their official Instagram page that their daughter is engaged to be married

Princess Stacey Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, 20, is engaged to pop star singer Conor Maynard,27. The pair have been dating for two years and it has been revealed that during her royal highnesses birthday party, two months ago, Conor proposed. Allegedly they were dancing when he got down on one knee.
'Their royal highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that their eldest daughter, Princess Stacey of Cambridge, is engaged to Mister Conor Maynard. The two have been together for two years and her parents are delighted for their daughter'~ Kensington Palace Instagram page.
Her majesty the Queen also released a statement announcing her great granddaughters engagement saying 'I am pleased to announce that her royal highness Princess Stacey is engaged to Mister Conor Maynard. The two became engaged during her royal highnesses birthday. The wedding will take place in early winter, more details will follow.'
We wish the couple a very happy engagement. Their official interview will take place live this evening.

Other news:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge host an engagement party for their daughter.
Cute tribute to mom: Princess Stacey wears  same dress as the Duchess of Cambridge for engagement interview.
Princess Stacey seen out for first time with fiancé since engagement announcement.

----------------------------------------------------------

Stacey POV:

"Are you ready?" I asked with a soft smile as I looked at Conor

"Yeah, you." He smiled, taking my hand.
"Yeah, it seems more real now." I smiled, intertwining our fingers.
"I can't wait to spend my life with you." Conor smiled, pecking my cheek.
"Me either." I smiled before the doors opened. 

I smiled as we walked in front of the cameras. Looking up at Connor I squeezed his hand as they took the last of the pictures. Once done, we followed a guard into a room where a reporter was sitting waiting. He got up as we walked towards him before shaking our hands as we sat down.

"Hello, welcome. Thank you for agreeing to this interview."
"Thank you for having us." I smiled.
"First of all, congratulations on your engagement. It is such a special time as a couple. How are you feeling with it all?" 
"It has been amazing. There has been nothing but happiness spread in our families during this special time. And us as a couple have been enjoying our engagement being between us for about two months now, so, yeah it has been amazing." I smiled.
"And Connor, how did you, how did you plan for the big moment? Were you scared she would say no? Did you ask permission from her father?"
"Yeah, umm, this had been planned for a good few months I would say. There was the thing of the best time to do it and how to do it. Obviously there was that fear of her saying no but her mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, got that out of my system pretty quickly," we all laughed, "but umm, as for the permission part I had to ask her Majesty the Queen as well as her father which was pretty daunting but all went well, and thankfully, she said yes." Conor smiled, glancing at me.
"So, how did the moment happen?"
"It was actually quite a shock the way he done it." I smiled, looking at Conor to continue.
"Yeah, umm, it was on her 20th birthday. We were dancing and as I twirled her around I let go before getting down on one knee and proposing in front of her family and friends." Conor nodded, looking down for a minute.
"Now, many people watching this interview may recognize the dress that your, Stacey, are wearing. This is your mothers, the duchess of Cambridge dress correct? What inspired you to wear the exact same dress as your mother wore"
"Yes this is the dress my moms dress that she wore for her engagement interview with my dad back in 2010. I have always looked up to my mom as I grew up and when I became engaged I knew that when we were announcing it that I would wear it as a tribute to her." I smiled, looking down at my dress.
"It is a really beautiful dress. I see your ring there, can we get a close up of it?"
"Of course." I smiled as Conor took my hand to guide it closer to the camera.
"It's a lovely ring, any significance to it Conor, or reasoning behind going for that ring?"
"Not really no, Umm. When I was looking for the ring I remembered how she had always said she wanted something that wasn't too out there but something elegant. She also liked the blush pink and rose gold colors so I knew that I wanted them to be in the ring. The diamonds that are around the main stone is actually from the same piece of jewelry that her uncle, Prince Harry, used in Meghans ring from Princess Diana's jewelry collection." Conor stated causing me to smile in realization.
"It's a beautiful ring which I will hold dearly to me." I stated with a smile on my face.
"Well, I wish you the happiest of times through this exciting time as that is all we have time for today. Thank you for allowing me to interview you."
"Thank you for coming." I smiled.
"Thank you." Conor smiled before the cameras cut.

"See, that wasn't so bad." I giggled slightly as we left the room.
"No it wasn't." he agreed, before we left back to mine.