New year eve

Stacey POV:

I walk down the steps when I see Conor get out of the car along with Jack and Anna

I walk down the steps when I see Conor get out of the car along with Jack and Anna. He's wearing a nice black button up and grey fitted trousers with a grey blazer over the top. .

"Hey, Stacey!" He has to shout over the laughter and the chatter filling the hall.
"Hi,Conor, guys! You all look really nice." I tried to project my voice loud enough for him to hear as well.
"Thanks Stace, mom and dad are coming behind us." Anna smiled.
"I'm glad you all could come." I smiled as their parents came up behind them.
"Thank you for inviting us." Conors mom smiled.
"Will we head in?" I asked.
"We shall." Conor smiled as he offered his elbow.
"Why thank you." I smile and take it as Jack does the same to Anna and their parents.

We all head into the hall where my family is laughing and chatting to each other. Some couples were dancing to the ballroom music that was playing. Conor leads me to vacant seats where we sit and talk. I looked around to see mom and dad talking to Conors parents. Conor looked at them as well and smiled at them before taking my hand and leading me to the back balcony where no one could see us. It was quieter as I leaned with my back facing the garden.

"We can hang here for a while, if you don't mind? So we can talk."
"A-alright," I smile.
"You don't have to be nervous, you know, It's just me. Noting has changed" HE said gently.
"Exactly. It's you and me. My family is also inside" The end was almost a whisper, barely there.
"SO?" he murmurs.

That's when I realize how close our faces actually are. He seemed to notice at the same time, but he didn't move away. He brought his hand up to touch my face gently, carefully, like he wasn't sure how I would react.  couldn't move. He leans in closer, and when our foreheads are touching I can feel his breath.

"Don't mind them" He says, his lips barely brushing mine as he does. 

Then he finally closes the gap between us and kisses. I wrap my arms around his neck as his moves to my hips  before pulling away. He rests his forehead on mine and looks me in the eye. I smile before Anna comes out.

"The countdown is about to begin. Everyone is heading to the garden to see the fireworks." She explains.
"We'll be down now." Conor states.
"Just so you know, cameras will be able to see." SHe said as she looked at our position.
"Let them see, I'm going to confirm it tomorrow." Conor replies to his sister as he looks at me.
"Aww cute." She comments before leaving.
"Let's go." I laugh before taking his hand.

We make our way outside. Conor hugs me close as the cold hits us while everyone gathers around. Charlotte and George were being held by mom and dad who stood beside Harry and Meghan. Me and Conor stood a little behind them as a countdown flashed up on the castle wall.

"10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Happy new year." Everyone cheered as the fireworks went off.
"Happy new year darling." Conor smiled as he looked down at me.
"Happy new year Conor." I smile before he pulls me into a kiss.