I promise

Stacey POV:

"Happy birthday sweetheart." Mum smiled as I came down the stairs.
"Thanks mum." I smiled, sitting beside dad at the table.
"My little girl is no longer a teenager. She's 20." Dad mused, pulling me into a hug.
"It's not that big of a deal." I laughed, hugging him back.
"Oh but it is. Grandma is even having a party for it."
"IT's not even a big age." I complained, staying in dads arms.
"Every age is big sweetheart. Besides, your no longer a teenager, that's an accomplishment." Mum smiled.
"Accomplishment, really mom. You make is sound as if your surprised I'm alive."
"YOu know what I mean." She waved, off going to get the breakfast finished.

I laughed as my brothers and sister rushed down the stairs, jumping into my arms before breakfast. They each said happy birthday before sitting at the table. After breakfast I headed up to my room to get ready for the party. It was an evening event so we had to wear gowns. I smiled as I looked myself in the mirror.

As I made my way downstairs dad stood in the hall fixing his tie

As I made my way downstairs dad stood in the hall fixing his tie. He turned when he heard me coming down before looking at me in shock. He helped me down the last few steps before looking at me properly.

"YOu look amazing sweetheart." He smiled.
"Thanks daddy." I smiled back, looking down.
"Now, none of that. It's your day, no need to get all shy now." He laughed, puting his finger under my chin and lifting it up.

I laughed and hugged him again before mum walked down the stairs. Dad smiled at her as she got down the last few steps and looked at me.

"YOu look, beautiful darling." She smiled, taking both hands.
"Thanks mum, so do you. RIght dad." I asked, looking at him at the end.
"Indeed she does." He nodded.
"Well, it's nothing special. But you look much more beautiful." SHe stated, pulling me into a hug. "I love you."
"I love you too." I smiled.
A horn blew outside.
"Ah, that's our ride. Come along now." Dad smiled, opening the door for us.

I smiled as I went to get into the car only to see Conor sitting there waiting. He smiled and helped me in before kissing my cheek as I sat beside him, mum and dad opposite us.

"YOu look absolutely stunning." Conor smiled, taking my hand.
"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." I teased, lightly nudging him.

He smiled and greeted my parents as we took off. We had light talk on the way and went quiet as we headed into the palace gates. Mum and dad went on ahead before me and Conor. I held his hand as we walked towards the room before gently letting go and looping are arms together.

"Please welcome, her royal highnesses Princess Stacey of Cambridge and her significant other, Mister Conor Maynard." The doorman announced as the door opened.

I smiled as we walked down the steps towards the room. Grammy was standing at the bottom with grampa with my parents close behind as well as grandad and camille. I curtsied as COnor bowed before she pulled me into a hug.

"Happy birthday darling." She smiled.
"Thank you grammy." I smiled as grampa hugged me.

I greeted grandad and camille before heading towards the floor. Conor took my hand as I placed my other one on his shoulder and we danced to the music. He smiled down at me causing me to smile back.

"Do you remember how we met, when you first came home with my sister and she introduced us to each other all those years ago?" He asked.
I nodded.
"I knew you were something special. And I know that we didn't come together in a natural way at the start but believe me when I say, these feelings that I have for you, are real." He stated.
"As are mine." I smiled back.
"These past two years together, have been the best days of my life. ANd i want them to be continous for the rest of my life." He smiled causing me to smile.
"Which is why I ask you this......" He stated as he twirled me around, letting go of my hand half way through.
I turned around and looked to see him down on one knee. I gasped as the whole room and music went quiet.
"Stacy Elizabeth Diana, will you make me the happiest man and become my wife. Will you marry me?" He asked, opening up the box in his hand.
"Oh my God yes, yes of course I will." I smiled, nodding my head repeatedly as he stood up, placing the ring on my finger.

" I smiled, nodding my head repeatedly as he stood up, placing the ring on my finger

"I love you." He smiled as I put my hands on his cheeks.
"I love you. Now and forever." I smile with tears in my eyes, pulling him in for a kiss as the room clapped and cheered.