For the best?

Stacey POV:

"Thanks Conor

"Thanks Conor." I smiled as he kissed my cheek.
"Call me later." He asked.
"Yeah sure." I nodded before getting out.

I smiled weakly as i made my way up the steps to the house. I carefully turned the door knob to face the sound of a crying baby up the stairs. Not hearing anyone going to get my baby brother I made my way up to him.

"Hey Louis, how are you kiddo?" I asked softly as I picked him up.
He smiled up at me as he quietened down.
"I missed you too. Yes I did my little prince." I cooed as he giggled.

"I know Charlotte. I heard him and I'm going to him no..................w."
I turned to see mom standing at the door, gaping at me.
"Stacey." She whispered, not believing her eyes.
"Mom" I replied, not knowing what to say.

Louis whined in frustration, wanting to go to mom. She took him, not letting go of her eye contact on me. I looked away from her as I heard the front door open and dad greeting George and Charlotte before heading upstairs. Mom stepped back into the hallway to get his attention. She nodded towards me and dad turned before looking at me in shock.

"Stacey?" He asked in shock.
"Hi dad." I smiled, tears threatening to fall.
He rushed towards me and pulled my into a hug. I clung to him while crying, regret instantly filling me.
"I'm sorry." I cried.
"Don't be sorry." He whispered, tightening his hold.
"I left you all without so much as a goodbye. I was being selfish, thinking about no one but myself. I let you down." I stated, breathing picking up.
"Listen to me baby. You weren't being selfish, you were hurt. You needed out for awhile. And you could never let me down. I mean it's not like you abandoned your duties, you still went to them and I am proud of you for all you achieved. You could never let me down sweetheart, never. Your my babygirl, no matter what." He said as he crouched down to look in my eyes and held my shoulders.
"I love you daddy." I cried, diving into his chest again.
"I love you too." He replied, kissing my head.
"We all do." Mum smiled, watching as dad and I hugged.

"Where's uncle Harry and aunt Meghan?" I asked after awhile.
"On an engagement." Mom stated as she placed Louis in his bouncer.
"I've an engagement with him tomorrow." I explained.
"You don't have to go if you don't want too." Dad stated, as scared look on his face.
"No, I'll go. We're going to have to talk sooner or later." I smiled slightly.
"Then get some rest, you'll need it." Mom said, placing a hand on my cheek.
"Night mom, night dad." I smiled, kissing their cheeks before leaving.

I cleaned my teeth and changed into new pjamas before slipping into bed. I texted Conor goodnight before clapping the lights off and rolling onto my side, closing my eyes as dad walked in.

"Never leave again, I missed you so much. I love you." He whispered and smoothed out my hair before kissing it and turning to leave.
"I missed and love you too." I muttered sleepily before everything went dark.