18th birthday

Stacey POV:

"Stacey wake up wake up wake up." My siblings jumped on my bed.
"What?" I groaned as I sat up.
"Happy birthday." They shouted, throwing their arms around me.
"Thank you kiddos." I laughed.
"Mummy said breakfast is ready." Charlotte said.
"Did she?" I smiled, sliding out of bed.
"Yea."
"Well then we better head on down then." I smiled as I placed my dressing gown on.

I followed my brother and sister as they rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen where mum was standing at the cooker. She smiled as she seen us come in.

"Morning birthday girl." She smiled.
"Morning."  smiled back as I sat down.
"Here you go, breakfast done specially for the birthday girl." She smiled placing a plate of english fried breakfast in front of me.
"Thanks mom." I said before tucking in.

Dad came in as I finished eating and kissed my cheek as I got up. I placed my plate in the dishwasher before heading upstairs and getting ready. Mum and dad said that great granny had organized a dinner and ball for my birthday since I was turning 18. All the family were going as well as the Maynard family and Byron and James. 

After dinner Conor came up to me and smiled as he held out his hand

After dinner Conor came up to me and smiled as he held out his hand. I nodded at the unspoken question before taking his hand and getting up. He lead me towards the dance floor as a slow dance came on. He placed his left hand on my waist as I placed mine on his shoulder while keeping hold of his right one. Mom and dad as well as uncle Harry and aunt Meghan made their way onto the floor as well and began dancing, smiling at me and Conor as we passed.

Shortly after a few dances Conor and I made our way outside. As I leaned on the wall of the steps Conor turned towards me and smiled. I looked away from the sun setting and smiled back at him.

"I got you something." He said as he put his hand in his pocket.
"You didn't have to." I smiled back.
"I know but I wanted to." He stated as he handed me a black rectangular box.

I smiled and carefully undid the blue ribbon. I gasped as I seen a pendant with my birthstone on it along with a bracelet.

"It's beautiful." I smiled as I lift it up gently.
"I thought you might like it." He smiled.
"I love it. Thank you." I said as I kissed his cheek, laughing as he blushed.

We continued to watch the sun slowly leaving into darkness until we heard footsteps. I turned back to see grammy coming towards us. I curtsied as Conor bowed before she dismissed it.

"Having fun?" She smiled.
"As much as we can." I nodded.
"Have you asked her yet?" She asked Conor as she turned to him.
"No. Conor repled.
"Well hurry on with it please. There are guests and we need to tell them." 
"It's going public so soon?" I exclaimed.
"No sweetheart, don't be silly. The family are here and they need to know." She exclaimed.
"We'll be in in a few minutes." Conor promised.
"Don't leave it too long." Grammy stated before turning and leaving us.

"Well I guess we should get this over with." Conor said after silence.
"I suppose we should." I nodded.
Conor took my two hands causing me to turn fully towards him.
"Stacey Elizabeth Diana, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever meet. I want to spend the rest of my life with so I hope you reply positively when I ask, will you be my girlfriend?" He smiled.
"Of course." I exclaim before he pulls me into a hug.
"Let's go." He said as he kissed my cheek before we made our way inside.

So many people inside as we arrived back at the ball room. Grammy smiled at us as she seen us and we both nodded. she chimed her glass and everyone immediately stopped talking to put their full attention on her.

"Hello everyone, so sorry to interrupt you all but I have an announcement to make." She stated as me and Conor made our way beside her.
"Is it done already?" Uncle Harry muttered to my dad.
"I thought she'd have more time." Dad muttered back, disheartened, as mum grabbed his bicep.
"Everyone, I can now confirm that my great grand daughter, Princess Stacey Elizabeth  Diana of Cambridge, has been courted bu mister Conor Maynard." She explained causing everyone to clap in shock.

I nodded and smiled as we made our way down to my parents and his. Dad pulled me into a hug before holding out his hand to Conor.

"If it had to be anyone, I'm glad it's you." He smiled at him.
"Thank you sir." Conor smiled, shaking his hand.
"Just please take care of her, she is eighteen." Mom stated.
"Of course madam." He nodded.
"Yeah, I'm glad it's him." Dad smiled causing the ten of us to laugh.