Chapter 24

Kim Minji POV

I just finally arrive at the torture basement.Without wasting my time,I used some of my demonic magic to destroy the door, cutting it into pieces.

When I stormed into the room,I was shocked. I quickly cover my mouth. Blood...there was only a blood stained on the chair but there was no sign of Yoohyeon...where the hell is she.

I walked toward the chair and smell the blood. It was fresh blood, meaning they just left the room, probably they took Yoohyeon somewhere else. But where the hell did they took her??

F*ck,I'm late.

Yoohyeon...I'm sorry....I couldn't save you in time. I crouched to the floor as my heart couldn't stop beating faster as I was too anxious to think right now.

Maybe I was too late. Yoohyeon may die by now. And it will be all over for me. It my fault for giving that 'gift' to her. I shouldn't give my magic to her.

"Yah Kim Minji, are you giving up right now!? Didn't you say you will save your girlfriend earlier?" I heard the voice. I quickly took out the mirror and faced it.  "What do you want?"I asked coldly. I have no mood to talk to the former king.

"Listen here,if you want to save your human girlfriend badly, you have to stop giving up.They might not kill her first. They have to perform a ritual so that they could transfer Yoohyeon's soul or life to Chaeyeon.You must save her quickly as possible."I raised my eyebrow. It was weird to hear him saying that. That's not how the former Demon king Hyungsoo would say that.

"Wait, didn't you despised humankind a lot? Why would you say that?"I asked him.

"Well....I-I..."He was stuttering and I was looking at the mirror weirdly, waiting for his response.

3rd person POV

"Stop looking at me like that! I do hate human!Like a LOT. But that Yoohyeon girl is different."

Flashback

Jiu was busy handling some stuff as a Demon Queen.So she was at the throne to handle some quest from the demons. Yoohyeon,however, she was told to clean some parts of the castle.

But one day,she decided to clean inside a room where all demons,except for Jiu are forbidden to enter the room. Yoohyeon did not care if it is forbidden to go inside or not.

She opened the door and weirdly to her,the door did not lock at all. "Isn't this supposed to be a forbidden room?Why would it not locked?"She asked herself.

As she stepped inside the room,the room was dusty and stuffy. She couldn't help but to cough when she accidentally inhale the dust. "*Cough* It seems the room did not clean up for years. I wonder what Minji unnie doing in this room for years. What if there is a rat here?"She picked up a piece of rubbish paper when a small tiny animal quickly ran over her shoes.That animal giving a squeaky noise. "Right,there is a rat here."She spoke,scratching her nape.

"Time for me to clean this mess. I can't handle this dusty smell with some rats all over the place."Yoohyeon said, pinching her nose.

Just like what she said,she began to clean the mess. Sweeping the floor, throwing some rubbish she found to the bin and even using a feather duster to clear the dust from the tables,chairs, cabinets, and wall. She even arranges some old books in the cabinet nicely.

Once she finishes all of that,she started smiling. The room is much cleaner than she thought.But before she could leave the room, there was one thing that caught her eyes. It was a huge mirror that has been covered by an old cloth. She was curious when she saw the cloth. She walked toward the mirror and pulled the cloth down.