『28』➳ love language

『••✎••』
5:34pm...

"are you lost, baby boy?"

jungkook startled at the hushed voice by his ear, his instinct creating a domino effect; thumb locking his phone and body spinning around to find you, staring down at him with a grin rivalling the joker. jungkook's light scowl went unnoticed as he stood from his seated position, curtesy of the black mask decorating the lower half of his face. his pink lips began to push out in a pout also hidden, but would it even be jungkook without a small whine?

"you scared me, (y/n). you never wanna say hi like a normal person, no?"

"normal's boring. did you have to wait long?" you enquired. you'd driven to the shopping centre (legally this time, subtle brag), and traffic was a raging bitch. arguably it was deserved, a punishment for being naïve enough to pick a meet-up time slap bang in the middle of seoul's rush hour. as a result, you arrived a little behind schedule. jungkook had politely declined your offer to pick him up, even after a shit ton of pestering, and chose to meet you there instead. by your good fortune he was delayed too, held captive in his bedroom because his friends wouldn't stop giving advice and last-minute tips. when the anxiousness of being late finally got the best of him, jungkook was able to weasel out from their indulgent grasps.

your worries were eased when jungkook shook his head in response and wound his arms around your waist in belated greeting. "only a few minutes,"

the raised bump where his nose sat under his mask smoothed along the (s/c) expanse of your neck and he took a few habitual sniffs. you flinched lightly as the brush of air tickled your sensitive neck, and pulled back to give jungkook an amused look.

jungkook blinked, "they're not lying when you always smell really nice."

"word? you can sniff me whenever you want, for real." you playfully bared your neck to him further, keeping him close with your hands.

"don't make us look weird." he flicked your forehead, but didn't bother to move away. now up close and having confirmed you didn't whisper into a random stranger's ear, your attention landed on your date's choice of hairstyle.

"oh? what's going on here?" you reached a hand up to tug lightly on the small bun that had made itself home in the middle of jungkook's head. the rest of his dark hair fell in long delicate waves framing his face.

"jin-hyung suggested it," he used a finger to tuck his mask beneath his chin, also giving you free reign to admire his hair for the time being.

"jin knows what he's doing; i like it. a lot."

at your compliment, jungkook's cheeks rise instantaneously and he nearly wished he waited a second longer to reveal his face. your gaze floated down as you finished your awing, catching sight of jungkook's doe eyes and round nose before falling on his parted lips.

...

wait a minute.

your eyes darted back up and came into contact with the dark shades placed along his monolids and under-eye with precision.

eyeshadow? holy fuck.

you wondered what jungkook must've thought at the short slackening of your jaw. if he even noticed, that is. your mental eyebrows raised at his appearance. to be honest, jungkook could've stepped out in a pillow case with five holes and timberlands and you would've fallen to his feet — he seriously managed to make anything look good. this time however, he'd switched up from the monochrome oversized look to rock double denim; the blue jeans had made a stylish reappearance, and you were certain it'd be the cause of your downfall come the end of the night. this time, he'd paired it with a black shirt with balenciaga printed in white, and matching belt that hugged his waist oh-so-teasingly. fuckity fuck fuck.