『29』➳ the truth untold

『••✎••』

8:09pm...

after you had finished eating and arguing fairly passionately with jungkook over who would pay (you won but he was adamant about doing so the next time), you had left the confines of the shopping centre. the air was warm, thankfully not too humid and kept you both at a comfortable temperature. "where's your car?" jungkook asked, walking through the automated doors and pausing for you just outside.

"i parked it on the other side. there's a park nearby that i want to show you first. it'll take us to where my baby is though, so don't worry."

jungkook nodded his head in understanding and readjusted his face mask. he reached for your hand with his other, letting you tug him in front of the paused traffic. the park was quite a large one, filled to the brim with foliage and towering trees that managed to block most of the setting sun's glow. he had passed it many times, as one did after living in the same place for so long, but had surprisingly never managed to venture inside. much quieter than the hustle and bustle taking place outside of its gates, it provided a cosy sense of solitude that made it feel like you were the last two people on earth. he would definitely be returning. after taking some time to digest the scenery, you finally made your way to a (f/c) four-by-four, which seemed fitting for you. the insurance on that must've been a bitch, jungkook noted.

"let me see your license." jungkook's tongue clicked against the top of his mouth, as he glanced around the interior with almost suspicious eyes. he'd made himself comfortable in the passenger seat, one foot (with the shoe off) folded underneath the opposite leg's thigh and body angled slightly towards your own.

"ah," you clutch your chest, right above where your heart sat, and winced in hurt, "you wound me." after a couple of seconds of silence, you peek an eye open and find jungkook's unwavering stare. "damn, okay. it's in the glove box." after taking a second to watch jungkook pop it open and scourge through it, you grew disinterested and set up your favourite playlist before beginning to pull out onto the road.

his sniggers reached your ears not long after. click!

you glanced at jungkook, then to his hands where his phone and a picture of you sat. the polaroid contained a very intoxicated you and hendery, a ridiculously huge and orange feather boa wrapped around your neck, and a neon green cowboy hat hiding his black hair at the time. you groaned yet made no move to stop him, lest you accidentally caused an accident. that car was intended to stay as your travelling companion for a very long time.

"looks like you had fun,"

it did — look like you were having the time of your life, that is. you wouldn't know, because there wasn't a single thing you remembered from that entire weekend. all you had to guide forgotten memories were a couple of regrettable texts and camera roll items. the image was one of the souvenirs from mark's eighteenth birthday last august. (the pricey polaroid camera that created it was, sadly, no more). mark, being mark, had only requested a quiet night in with a few of his favourite people around.

you, being you, said fuck no to that idea.

after enticing his parents into taking a weekend out for themselves and a promise to return their home to its original state (which you kept, yay!) , all you needed was to call in a couple of owed favours and you were well on your way. with the help of donghyuck, jaemin, chenle and a few others, you managed to keep mark out of his house for a couple of hours while you and the older guys prepared everything.