『23』➳ bulletproof boy scouts

『••✎••』
2:21pm...

"you can't just do that," you weakly protested, the subtle scent of vanilla in the bistro a pleasant shroud around your body. it did wonders in soothing you, but the nerves only spiked again when a deep voice called out. there weren't too many people inside, so it wasn't hard finding the source.

"there he is!" the person had seen jungkook enter the shop from over the top of the booth they'd secured, perking up so he was in sight too. handsome, you observed, tan skin complimenting well with his honey brown, and also long, hair. he had a pretty smile too, deep indents poking at his cheeks when he did. the sight made a twinge of recognition pull in your mind, but from where exactly, you couldn't remember.

at his call, the other people in the booth swivelled around too, peering over the edge at your two approaching figures. barely any attention was paid to jungkook — they saw him enough at it is. nope, their intrigued gazes were locked on you.

with six pair of dark eyes eyeing you up and down all at once, your anxiety rocketed sky-high. jungkook must've felt how sweaty your hand got in that moment, yet instead of being grossed out as you feared, he just gave a small squeeze. when he turned, his nose and eyes were scrunched up in excitement, effective in calming you down. even if it was only for a little while.

the next thing you knew, you were standing beside jungkook at one end of the open-ended booth, other hand tucked in your pocket, and stiffly looking anywhere but down. you didn't have to look to see that they were still staring, their gazes boring holes into your body wherever they landed as they scrutinised you.

"um, hi?" you asked more than said, lifting your arm to wave but realised that it'd look odd considering how close you were to them, and then scrapped the idea midway so it ended up looking like you had a twitch in your arm.

"hello, (y/n)!" jimin was the first to spring into action, edging his out of his seat to give you a warm hug.

"hey, jimin, nice to see you again," you managed to squeeze out with his arms circling your upper half. you tapped his back gently when he didn't let up after a few seconds... and everyone's eyes were still on you... and it was getting really weird...

you felt jungkook reach out to begin prying jimin off of you, but someone else beat him to the punch.

"okay jimin, relax. i think you're scaring her," dimples was the one who came to your rescue, jimin thankfully taking his seat again with a 'she's cuddly'. the extra body really wasn't helping your soaring body temperature. jesus, why were you so on edge? is this what mark felt like?

dimples stood up to hold out a hand to you (formal much?), blindingly attractive smile on display as he introduced himself, "i'm kim namjoon. it's nice to finally meet you, (y/n)."

you took his hand and offered a small smile, about to give a pointless reply until a different person spoke up, this time a guy with luscious black hair and full lips. he was extremely good-looking too, and holy, his shoulders

"kim seokjin. i'm older than the rest, but i'm sure you wouldn't have guessed. it's good to meet you as well." he winked at you and you hate to admit, it got you. his jumper caught your eye, different from the three you'd seen before him, and you realised that they all went to the same high school. made sense, really.