4//Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 4//Donovan's [P.O.V]

       "Going to get groceries, loser, be right back!" I heard Caira's voice fill the house before a slam of the door was added. I frowned, going to the kitchen to make something to eat. Why do I always let her words get to me? Sighing and taking my sandwich to the living room, I let my thoughts consume me as I plopped down on the couch.

      I don't know what it would take to get Caira to like me. Well; there's a list of things why she doesn't like me.

1. I'm fat.
2. I'm too old(At least, that's what she thinks).
3. I'm not confident.
4. I have low self-esteem.
5. I'm too shy.

     I'm guessing that's why she doesn't like me. But I know the two that stand out. I'm built like an over-sized pumpkin and I'm not really that appealing.

      I don't understand why her mom made her marry me out of all the other handsome, rich guys out there. I mean, she needs a guy who handles themselves well and can take good care of her. She shouldn't have a guy who doesn't do those things. She shouldn't have a guy who hates being himself.

       Caira deserves someone better. She's the most beautiful thing in the world. Even though she is seventeen, she is built like an already grown woman.

       She usually wears hoodies, but I can see right through them like a wet shirt. She has those tight curves that she's not ready to embrace and show off to the world. I was going through some boxes and I accidentally opened up a box that had her undergarments in there. As I was closing the box, I glanced at the D-sized bra of hers.

       Usually girls with a body like that will take no time into exposing their own beauty. But Caira is different. She wears over-sized hoodies for days... it's like it's her best friend. It annoys me for some reason and I was so close to actually breaking the news to her. But being the shy guy I was, I had my mouth shut.

      See what I mean? She needs a man to tell her how gorgeous she is because I doubt she gets that by hiding her attractiveness.

      I suddenly blushed as I realized what I was doing. I was complimenting Caira in my thoughts. I shouldn't be because all she has done was hurt me. She hasn't said one positive thing to me before.

       Escaping from my thoughts, I stood up and came up with the idea to glimpse around the house. I haven't really gotten to take a look around the house, because right when the movers and Caira were done setting up the house, I went straight to my room to go to sleep.

I already seen the downstairs that contained the kitchen, living room, dining room, and me and Caira's room. Well, I haven't went in Caira's room because she doesn't want me going through her stuff or let me be in there period.

         Slowly going up the polished wooden stairs, I noticed it was pretty dark up there. Stepping up to the last step, I turned on the hallway light. I went to the left of the big hallway and opened up doors. We had a theater room with several reclinable leather chairs that sat in front of a 10" flat screen TV.

      Next to the theater room was a bathroom that was clean and spotless. On the left side of the bathroom was a pitch black wooden counter that had sinks on both sides. On the right side of the bathroom was a glass shower and had black tiles inside. There was also one of those sitting things in the shower.

      Skipping the other doors, I went down to the right side of the hallway. There were several doors, but one really caught my eye. It was a wooden door that really stood out from all the other plain ones. I tried opening the door but unfortunately, it was locked.