14//An Unnerving Question and An Unbelieveable Answer

😏

Update! Enjoy!

<3qtpie321

Chapter 14//

My stomach is cramping. Great.

Getting up from my bed, I went into the bathroom to do my lady business and take a good shower. I lathered myself with lotion and wrapped a towel around my body before opening the bathroom door. I watched as Donovan made my bed.

"What are you doing..." I asked, sounding a bit surprised.

"Just a caring husband making up a bed for a beautiful woman." A blush rose to my cheeks and I tried to breathe steadily. I almost forgot we were married. Who could blame me? We don't act like a happy, married couple.

"I told you not to flirt with me, remember? Remember the deal we made?"

"Mhm..." He flattened out my pillow and set it in the place where it needed to be.

"Well, why aren't you following it?"

He smiled. "You said not to talk dirty to you. Is that really being dirty?"

I narrowed my eyes at Donovan. "Don't get smart with me. You have no right to do that."

"Make me." He said in a hauntingly dangerous voice.

Shuddering, I said, "That was a dirty comment. I bet you meant that in a sexual way."

"You're wrong. You're the one who's being dirty. I meant nothing more of that comment."

I watched as he scratched his prickly beard and smirked. "I told you you're so naughty..."

I groaned. "C'mon, I thought we had a deal! Please, can we just forget about the dirty talking until tomorrow?!"

"You're the one who brought it up! I was clearly saying two words and then you just assumed I was being dirty! But it's cool, we can still go along with the deal."

I sighed in relief. "Thank the Lord..."

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something. It's been bothering me for the past few days, but I just haven't mentioned it."

"Oh... okay." I said, now curious.

"Put on some clothes, I'm taking you to get some breakfast and then we can discuss what I wanted to discuss."

He exited my room before closing the door. I quickly slipped on my undergarments and put on the same old hoodie.

My ringtone was ringing in my purse by the time I got downstairs. I unzipped my purse and grabbed my buzzing phone. Looking at the caller I.D., I scoffed.

"Hello Mother." I said in a bored tone.

"Caira, why haven't you been keeping in touch with me?! Have I not been a good mother for you to not actually talk to me?!" Wow, I guess I was wrong. The bitch does have brains.

"No mom, I've just been busy lately, that's all! It's not you in advance."

"Well, that's good. I just really miss you! I haven't seen you in forever! How's everything going?"

"Good... I'm about to go get something to eat with Donovan."

"That sounds fun! How is Donovan doing?" I noticed how surprised she sounded. She's probably wondering why I'm actually hanging out with him.

"Oh, he's fine! He's been a busy man..." I felt kind of guilty. I feel like I've been doing bad things with him, even though I didn't. Well; I take that back--- but still! I just hated how he pushed me into doing things with him.