17//That's Not Real Love

30k?!??! AANNABJAOASGGWHW
Sorry, I got a little excited. Shoutout to all the fans tho!
I'm kinda getting back into the groove of writing. I got a lot of ideas so ill probably be updating a ton, I hope you guys can handle it!

Chapter 17//Isabella's [P.O.V.]

"What?!" My husband's voice yelled.

Concerned, I walked into his office to see him with his boss, George.

"I'm sorry, but we need you today. It's very important."

"This is ridiculous! I've been working my butt off and this is what I get? What happened to my day off?"

"I'm really sorry. I promise I'll let you off tomorrow."

Joshua sighed, shutting his eyes closed slowly.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"George is making me work overtime. I won't be home until midnight."

"Ryan, darling, don't you think that's a little too much?" I asked Ryan who had a solemn look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but we have to." Was all he said.

"Fine. But I better have a week off." I quickly grabbed Joshua's coat and put it on him.
"Thanks dearest. I promise I'll be home soon. Be safe."

He gave me a pec and walked off with Ryan to their job.

"Bye!"

I shut the door and sighed. Now what was I going to do? I needed to wash the clothes and hang them on the clothes line to dry.

As I made my way to my room, I glanced up at the stairs. That was the hardest thing to make in the house. We had a couple of people to come help us. They were hesitant to make it at first, but with a little encouragement, we were able to build it perfectly. We built it probably five or six time due to our weight. It would break easily on the first step we made. But now it's strong and able to hold us when we walk up the stairs. We don't really need to use the stairs since nothing is really upstairs.

Sighing at the memory, I proceeded to my room. I slowly took off my silk robe and changed into my cotton clothing. People couldn't get silk robes these days, because of how expensive it is. But since we are now a huge thing because of this house we built, we now have loads of money.

I went out of the room and got the dirty clothes that were in the basket. I walked outside and filled a tub with water. I began to do the clothes.

"Hello Isabella."

I gasped, suddenly dropping one of Joshua's favorite dress shirt on the dirt. Looking up, I was met with blue icy eyes.

"Urka... what are you doing here?" God, why do I have to put up with him by myself? Out of all the other days, why this one? Joshua won't be here to help me.

"I wanted to talk to Joshua and tell him I'm very sorry of how I acted yesterday. I didn't mean to be hasty. I'm very sorry."

I'm a professional at seeing people's lies. It's always in their eyes. But when I look into Urka's eyes, I can't find anything. It's like his soul is not even there. His eyes held no emotion. I couldn't tell if he was being honest or not.