2. Ministry Seats

I opened my door quietly not wanting to disturb the guests, as I made my way down to the kitchens.

I had grown into the habit of waking up before dawn, and I'd go horseback riding behind the manor.

I walked into the kitchens and had the house elves begin preparations for breakfast.

Leaving the manor, I made my way into the stables where we kept all sorts of beings. There was a range from hippogriffs to unicorns. I loved the idea of being able to do this every morning and so my uncle made it happen.

When the stable doors opened the creatures began to move about in their pens. With a flick of my wand, the gates were open and they all knew where to go. The magical creatures all made their way out onto the fields where they would graze the grass and be fed by the house-elves.

The only few who stayed were my horses the only no-mag beings in the stables. I had a herd of horses but only one favorable. I opened the pen and the horses all ran out together and began grazing the perimeter. I then kept the only black horse back and saddled him up. I grabbed my hat and mounted my ride.

"Tsk. Tsk. Let's go, Prince." I led the horse outside and we took off. Galloping through the tall grass and weaving in between the trees.

We took a path that led us to the greatest view of the manor boundaries. I stopped Prince and we just stood there basking in the morning sun.

"The morning sun is beautiful." I gasped as I remembered, "The morning sun! The World Cup!" remembering the visit of the Malfoy's, I led Prince into a gallop and we made our way back to the stables.

After taking off his saddle I let him graze with the rest of the creatures. The house-elves always brought them back into the stables at some point.

I ran into the foyer and up the stairs, rushing into my room I quickly got showered and changed. I was wearing the same plaided green dress that I wore on the first day of summer vacation.

I styled my hair into a half-up half-down bun

I styled my hair into a half-up half-down bun. I slipped on my mom's bracelet and the emerald necklace I received from Draco for my birthday. I pulled on my boots and made my way into the hall.

I gently knocked on Draco's door and could hear grumbling behind it. He opened the door and soon stood in front of me only wearing grey sweats. I had to admit he did mature over the summer and he was quite cute.

"Umm, Draco, you should already be up. We leave for the World Cup in thirty minutes. Come down to the dining hall when you're ready." he nodded and I left heading towards the room that accommodated his parents.

Before I could knock on the door, his mom had opened it on her way out stopping before me. "Good morning Mrs. Malfoy."

"Oh please, Scarlett. Call me Narcissa." She pulled me in for a quick hug and then turned to call her husband.

Then the two proceeded to follow me to the dining hall, where breakfast was set and served.

"Breakfast is ready. Feel free to begin, my uncle will be here within a few moments." I informed them as we sat down at the table. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy sat beside each other as I sat across from them.

Moments later Draco came rushing in and out of breath, "Am I too late?" Narcissa was startled by his entrance and stood up to scold him but was interrupted by the arrival of my uncle.

Mr. Malfoy stood to greet him and my uncle greeted him back with a handshake.

"Gellert Grindelwald. Nice to see you again." Mr. Malfoy had said after the initial greeting.

My uncle nodded and took a seat at the head of the table, "Well Lucius it sure has been a while." then after finishing his meal, he turned to me and Draco.

"Are you looking forward to the World Cup? Scarlett? Draco?" my uncle never called me 'Scarly' in the presence of others and it was the same for 'Uncle Gell.'

I nodded and glanced at Draco, giving him permission to speak.

He turned to my uncle, "Yes very excited, Mr. Grindelwald." satisfies with his answer.

My uncle replied, "Very well. Oh, look at the time we surely must get going. I was able to vouch for us some seats by invitation the Minister himself."

Even more excited than before, we were ready to go. Gathered in the foyer, Mr. Malfoy apparated away while Mrs. Malfoy held onto Draco. Once they were gone my uncle turned to me, holding out his makeshift wand.

"Okay remember I can't have the wand. Also, you can't perform magic in front of anyone because you have the trace, as they know it. Now, what we practiced. The three D's, Determination, Destination, and Deliberation."

I nodded taking his wand and storing it in my boot. Then I grabbed onto my uncle's hand and prepared myself to picture the World Cup.

We had both decided that I could practice by apparating us to the World Cup. Seconds later from after contact, we appeared outside and surrounded by thousands of tents.

 Seconds later from after contact, we appeared outside and surrounded by thousands of tents

"Well done! Scarly, well done." after arriving my uncle led me into a tent that was quite small from the outside, but once we entered it was about the size of one of our spare guest rooms. So quite big.

Before the games started my uncle chatted away with the Malfoy's, so I took Draco and we looked around at all the shops. We bought some snacks and then reunited with the adults.

We then began to maneuver our way up the stairs along with everyone else.

That's when I heard a familiar voice, "Blimey dad, how far up are we?"