28. Trailing Duels

Draco's POV ~

"Thank you Malfoy," Pansy had thanked me for her gift and returned to her food. This was the first time in about five years that she had called me Malfoy, and it was unnerving.

I looked up from my plate to see Donovan White smirking as he leaned towards Scarlett announcing something, "Scar, I'm going to go and grab some things in Hogsmeade really quick. I'll be back later alright."

He called her Scar. I was the only one to call her that besides her cousins, but if she really was going to move on that fast, then maybe I should too.

She had a confused look from his statement and I could tell she was doing something.

Parkinson, Zabini, and I watched as he nodded as if responding to something before rising from his seat. He met my eyes before smirking then finally leaving.

Scarlett nodded and waved him off as I gripped my cup harder than I usually would. It wasn't normal seeing anyone like Scarlett get so close to someone she just met.

I peered at her and saw that her eyes widened, "Oh, don't forget! Black tie!"  she yelled as Donovan began to walk away nodding.

"How did you know what he was getting?" Pansy put down her cup as Scarlett turned back to us.

"Yeah, it looked as if you had a mental conversation just now," Blaise said as he stifled a laugh, but stopped when she made no counter.

"You had a mental conversation?!"

I lifted my head and answered, "She's powerful, of course, she'd be able to use leglimens. But for him, he seems sketchy. How old is he?"

I wanted to know more about this guy because I had never seen him before.

I looked to her trying to meet her lilac eyes but she turned to Pansy instead, "The last thing I remember, he's supposed to be seventeen." She finished before turning to me," Why Draco Malfoy? Why do you ask? Are you jealous?"

I could tell she was growing irritated so I stopped before anything could happen. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks and I became unable to answer as she smirked and stood from the bench.

Pansy followed with Blaise as he picked up another piece of toast before leaving.

I began to reach for the last green apple but she must've noticed it too as she managed to grab it before me, walking away.

I was left alone and I saw that only a few seats down Crabbe and Goyle had followed her out.

They stopped by the entrance and had a conversation with who looked like Bulstrode and the other Greengrass, Astoria's older sister.

I watched them from afar before Astoria herself had found her way to the seat beside me.

"Good morning Draco."

"Umm, hi Astoria. Breakfast?" she nodded and I pushed my plate over to her.

I peered back to where the group was by the entrance as Scarlett had given a final nod to something, but I was pulled away to face Astoria as she held my arm.

I heard a scoff but ignored it as Astoria had tried to kiss me until I jumped from my seat.

"I umm. I just remembered Astoria, I have to go to Hogsmeade. So I'll catch up with you later."

Before she could respond I had left the hall in the opposite direction of Scarlett, but in the same direction as White had gone.

I began to approach the village when I spotted White walking out of Gladrags Wizardwear holding a single black tie which he placed into another bag he was holding.