26. Loopholes

"I- umm. I was just thinking Uncle Gell."

I quickly rose from against the wall and stood up while straightening up.

"Come on. Scarly, tell me what's wrong."

I sighed and slumped against the wall, "I'm not entirely sure, but I guess I assumed I would be attending the ball with Draco. But he asked Astoria Greengrass."

I glanced to my uncle who said nothing and just listened, "I've had many suitors ask but I've turned them all down. There is this one boy though who is under the impression that I will be going with him. But I'm not."

My uncle sighed and leaned against the wall beside me, "I have a splendid idea. Scarly, how would you like to attend the Yule Ball with me?"

I stood to face him confused, "But Uncle Gell, you aren't even supposed to be here now. What makes you think that you can just show up to the ball?"

He held his hand forward and nodded down to my boot, I rolled my eyes and smirked pulling out my wand and handing it to him.

He muttered a spell and soon he was no longer my uncle but instead, quite a good-looking schoolboy. I laughed and nodded.

He had brown hair and a small scar across his nose. His eyes were now auburn brown but he still held his smirk.

 His eyes were now auburn brown but he still held his smirk

"This will work. I would love for you to come with me uncle. But we'll have to give you a name and maybe station you in Durmstrang. That way Dumbledore won't grow weary of an unfamiliar student from Hogwarts."

I looked him up and down, "How about Donovan, Donovon White? Also, you have to teach me that spell."

He nodded and smirked, "Of course, and the name works perfectly Scarlett. And I am proud that you will go to any means just to make a boy jealous."

I stepped back, "No, no I'm not doing this to make Draco jealous, I just need a partner for the champions dance and the night overall."

He held a satisfied look and sighed, "Ahh, but Scarly, I never gave a name." He smirked handing me back my wand as he took my hand and led me to the Slytherin common rooms.

I said the password and he followed me in taking our seats on the couch. Pansy and Blaise soon came in followed by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Guys this is Donovon White, Donny," the name made him chuckle as he stood to greet my friends, "This is Pansy, Blaise and that's Crabbe and Goyle."

"Since when did you start accompanying yourself with such a cute guy?" Pansy whispered in my ear which made me gag internally knowing who was really behind the mask.

I turned to her and pushed her onto the couch, "I don't know, but we're going to the Yule Ball together." her eyes widened and she squealed for me as Blaise took a spot beside her.

Before I could even take a seat, my uncle's or more or less Donny's arm was around me. I had to start thinking of him as Donavon and not my uncle.

I looked at him and he whispered in my ear, "Don't look now, but Mr. Malfoy just walked in. You wanted to make him jealous, let's make him jealous." I could hear the smirk in his voice as I turned to see Draco walk in.

He came and took a seat at one of the couches as he watched Donny, who still held his arm around me, even as we took a seat. "You must be Draco Malfoy," I nudged him and gave him a questioning look to which he didn't respond, "I'm Donny, Donovan White."

Draco nodded and turned to me, "Is he a pureblood? Because I don't think your uncle would approve of anything less." he sneered which made me sit up straight as Donovan held me back.

"You know, Draco if you really knew me, you would know I have my own standards. Of course, he is a pureblood. Not that it was any of your business." I countered which made him stand to observe Donny in his Slytherin robes.

"I've never seen you White. Yet you're wearing Hogwart's robes, Slytherin nonetheless." my eyes widened and as if he sensed it, Blaise stood up.

"Draco, calm down. I lent my robes to him. So he could fit in, he said the Durmstrang uniforms were too constricting. There's no hassle." Draco met my eyes and scowled. He then turned and retreated to his room.

The night went on and soon everyone fell back to their rooms. Leaving Blaise along with me and Donny.

I stood and walked to Blaise, "Thank you. But how- how did you know?"

He smirked, "You forget how long I've known you. You and your uncle. For a new guy, meeting Draco, he was pretty calm when asked if he was a pureblood. And even calmer when your uncle was mentioned." I sighed and nodded as he continued, "Plus, you have never let anyone not even Draco himself put an arm around you when you're sitting at the couches."

I laughed and shoved him a bit. "Goodnight Blaise." I turned to Donny and motioned for him to follow me.

Since Krum was kicked out of Draco's room because he talked too much, Krum was given his own room which I was hoping he'd be willing to share.

I knocked on the door and as we waited I turned to him, "Do. Not. Kill. Him. Understood? Not even a scratch."

He sighed and nodded, "Anything for you."

The door opened and Krum was standing in the doorway, "Yes, ahh Scarlett Grindiewad."

"Krum, we both know that it's Grindlewald. Now never mind that, I have a favor to ask. This is Donovan White and he is a friend from out of town but he's here for the Yule Ball. Do you mind if he shares a room with you?"

Krum proceeded to eye Donovan then smiled and nodded, "Of course, he is welcome. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine." I offered a smile and pushed my uncle into the room.

"Well then. Goodnight boys. Do. Not. Kill. Him." My voice grew cold and I glared directly into Donovan's eyes and then rested my face to find Krum confused.

"Nothing to worry about Krum. Just a warning. That's all." I offered a smile and shut the door making my way to my room where I found Gen and Bella playing exploding snap.

After a bit, I joined their game and we played all throughout the night.

We laughed until the sun came up.