37. Curses

I was running through the maze as fast as I could.

I couldn't bare her screams any longer, so I did what I had to.

As my left foot hit the ground one last time I was pulled into yet another tube-like sensation. My right foot hit the ground but I was now standing beside Potter as we both stood over Gen.

He jumped back at my sudden appearance and let out a yell, "I- oh, right I almost forgot that you could apparate. I'm surprised you weren't traced or have been sent to Azkaban by now."

I scowled at his remark and knelt down to Gen who was being pulled in by bushes of thorns. "No, no, come on Gen hold on!" I reached out my arms and held her as hard as I could.

Potter shot some spells at the bush which slowly retracted. I gave one more strong pull and Gen came loose. I pulled her up to her feet and into a tight hug.

"Are you okay? Oh my merlin! I thought I lost you." She held me tightly but slowly pulled away.

"I'm fine Scarlett. But I can't go on. I would've lost anyway if you hadn't saved me. I'm just going to forfeit." She said as she began to pull out her wand.

I looked at her face and wiped her cheek as she was covered in her own blood from the thorns of the bushes.

"I- no what about your dad

"I- no what about your dad. I can't do this until I know you're sure." she held my arms and caught my eyes.

"Hey, hey I'm sure. Don't worry. Go and win this for both of us. Continue on for me." I chuckled and pulled her in for a hug.

"I would've done it anyways." She laughed and broke our hug and held her wand over her head as red sparks shot out. And she soon disappeared.

I turned to run and in the distance, I heard someone yell a warning but ignored it as I came crashing to the ground as someone ran I to me. I turned only to meet Potter's eyes.

"What the bloody hell are you doing Potter?!" he pulled me up and I pulled my hand away from his.

"I was saving you from Krum!" he countered as I turned to face the other way. I was met with Krum who's eyes were a glassy white, which only meant one thing.

He turned to shoot another spell at us but we were pushed out of the way by Diggory.

"Would you boys quit running me over!" I shoved them off of me and quickly got to my feet. With one motion I pulled out my wand and stunned Krum, allowing us a chance to get situated.

Potter pulled himself up along with Diggory while I kept my eye on Krum.

"Crucio!" the stun had worn off and Krum was able to shoot a curse towards me.

I made no move as I would have no reaction but Diggory was unaware and jumped before me

He fell to his knees and writhed in pain, meanwhile, Potter ran towards Krum taking his focus off of the spell.

The moment Diggory was released he charged towards Krum and holding him in a headlock.

"Don't Cedric! He's bewitched! He's bewitched, Cedric!" Potter was yelling and soon pulled Diggory off of Krum.

I took the chance and sent a hex that would knock Krum down, "Petrificus Totalas!"

The body binding spell held him tight and Potter quickly grabbed Krum's wand sending the red sparks into the sky before Krum himself disappeared, just as Gen had.

I turned and ran towards the cup as I had seen it behind us. The boys noticed and began to follow clawing at one another try to push forward.

I didn't look back only to hear a hud from behind me followed by shouts.

"Harry! Harry, Scarlett, please don't leave me!" I stopped and turned to see Diggory being pulled in the bushes.

I sighed and turned to Potter who met my eye before going sighing as well.

At the same time, we both held out our wands, "Reducto!" The vibes came loose freeing Diggory as he quickly got up and ran towards us.

This time the boys ran into the small clearing following me.

"For a second there I thought you were going to leave me," Diggory spoke out of breath as he was turning between Potter and me.

"For a second, I did too."

I chuckled at Potter's response before we all gathered around the cup.

"Go on, you two deserve it more than I do. You saved me." I rolled my eyes at Diggory's words knowing that I only needed Harry to go.

"No you deserve it, I'm not even supposed to be in this tournament." Potter countered as I stood watching the unamused.

"Boys, you're being complete morons. No matter who takes the cup, Hogwarts still wins." They thought for a moment and nodded.

"Together then." Potter finally said, "I'll only take it if you do as well."

I knew he was mainly talking to Diggory but I was going no matter what.

"Alright, together then." Diggory made up his mind and we all held out our hands, "One,"

"Two," I followed watching them.

"Three!" as Potter yelled we all took hold of the cup and we were sucked into a swirl within seconds.

Only moments later were we thrown onto the hard ground.

I quickly got up and took in my surroundings.

We were in a graveyard