12. Spitting Fire

Gathered in the Great Hall was every student and teacher alike.

I honestly didn't care much for the tournament and Draco was the only one who had listened to me constantly complain about how stupid it was. They even cancelled quidditch.

The professors all walked out and lined up at the front as the students waited anxiously.

"Now the moment you have all been waiting for, the selection of the champions." Dumbledore walked away from the line of professors as he approached the goblet.

Then Filch ran up and took Dumbledore away, but not before he assigned Karkaroff to name the champions.

Karkaroff walked up slowly to the Goblet of Fire as he stood tall and faced the students.

The fire glowed red as he reached out. The first parchment flew out and fell into Karkaroff's hand. "The Durmstrang champion is..." he paused and unraveled the parchment, "Viktor Krum!"

The crowd went wild as the boys roared and the ladies shreaked of excitement

The crowd went wild as the boys roared and the ladies shreaked of excitement. Krum stood from his seat and walked to the front where he received his parchment and left.

After her left, Karkaroff went for the second champion selection, "The Beauxbatons champion is..." once more there was silence full of anticipation, "Genevieve Duval!"

There was a polite applause throughout the audience, but as for me, my mouth dropped

There was a polite applause throughout the audience, but as for me, my mouth dropped. Gen met my eyes, she was surprised as she stood to receive her parchment then she proceeded to leave.

I locked eyes with Bella as we were both worried but happy for her.

Once again, the hall fell silent as everyone was on the edges of their seat anxiously waiting. Karkaroff reached out for the last time, "The Hogwarts champion is..." the silence was becoming unbearable as he unfolded the parchment once more, "Cedric Diggory!"

" the silence was becoming unbearable as he unfolded the parchment once more, "Cedric Diggory!"

The crowd went wild as Cedric stood and soon left after the other two. The students were all cheering and clapping in celebration and just as everyone began to leave the fire lit once again.

The fire was a blazing red as it erupted and flew throughout the Great Hall. The spitting fire lit up the room as it travelled in spirals in a straight line motion.

The flame soon came to a stop, but not before dropping two pieces of parchment into Karkaroff's hand

"Impossible! Harry Potter and Scarlett Grindelwald!" there was a gasp scattered throughout the crowd as I was frozen in my seat.

I was sure I heard him wrong. All eyes were divided up between myself and Potter, but I found that they mostly fell upon me. No one knew I was a Grindelwald, well not everyone. But now they did.

Just as Blaise stood me up and walked me to the front Ron had pushed Potter from his seat. I was numb as I took the parchment with my name on it. The parchment was black unlike the others as my name, 'Scarlett Grindelwald' was written across in white ink.

I stared at the parchment as I was being led to another room, the room where the other champions were.

When I entered Gen came up to me, "What is it Scar, do they need us back?" I shook my head but couldn't let out a word.

Potter came in from behind me as he was muttering to himself, "Not again, why me? We were chosen." He seemed distant and distracted as he tried to convince himself it was just a dream; but it was reality.

The professors came running in as well as Dumbledore seeing as he returned, "Harry! Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire!" Dumbledore was roaring throughout the room as he ignored my presence.

I sat on one of the couches along with Gen as she rubbed my back, reassuring me that this wasn't happening.

"No sir! I didn't!" Potter answered in a sassy mood, then Dumbledore turned to me.

"You didn't do it right?" He was calm with me, which made Potter give me a dirty look.

I shook my head, "No sir, I didn't. Besides why would I sign as Grindelwald if I've been hiding under Duval?" He nodded understanding and turned to the other professors.

Madam Maxine narrowed her eyes at Potter and me before turning back to the headmaster, "But of course they are lying!"

"The hell they are!" Moody growled as he entered the conversation, "The Goblet of Fire is a unique and powerful magic, only an exceptionally powerful wizard could have thrown the selections. Magic like that is beyond the talents of a mere fourth year!"

As he exclaimed the last bit of his sentence I stood as I didn't like to be compared to a mere forth year. I was powerful and even Dumbledore knew it as he flinched upon my uprising.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thinking, haven't you Professor Moody."

"It was once my job to think as the dark wizards do, Karkaroff, perhaps you would remember that?"

The two men matched glares as the other professors eyed me and Potter. Krum and Diggory stayed out of the conversation as Gen was standing beside me the entire time.

After Dumbledore thought for a moment he turned to the shorter man, "I leave this to you, Barty."

"The rules are set in stone, I'm afraid that the Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. As of now, they have no choice."

Everyone turned to face me and Potter.

"From now on," he shook his head and sighed, "They are Tri-Wizard champions."

The word was final as I froze unable to react. I balled my fists angry as they couldn't do anything. They couldn't help me, even if they tried. I was angry and numb as I stood my ground.

Then the walls began to shake and the ground started to tremble.