24. Ignorance Is A Bliss

It had been two days since I left my room and I had enough of sulking alone.

I styled my now, purple hair in a french braid look and curled the ends.

I wore a nice low knitted black and grey shirt. I then paired that with a short black ruffled skirt.

I slipped into my black ankle boots and secured my mom's ring and bracelet. As I straightened my posture peering into the mirror reaching up to my neck.

I decided to leave the emerald necklace off because I didn't want to deal with certain necessities

I grabbed my wand and made my way to my only class of the day, Potions.

Entering the classroom was easy, I came early and decided to finish off some other works while I waited for others to arrive.

Soon enough one by one, students began to fill in. I was sitting across from Pansy and Blaise with the last empty seat beside me. I prayed that he may have skipped but I thought too soon.

He came and sat beside me as if nothing had happened. I ignored him and sat up straight tuning into Professor Snape's words.

"Today you will be brewing the potions that you chose to write about last plan. Now go gather your supplies and you have until the end of class."

I rose from my spot and adjusted my skirt before leaving to grab my ingredients for Felix Felicis. I grabbed my cauldron and the stand along with the necessary ingredients.

I set up my space and began the process of brewing my elixir. As I added the key ingredients, I began to absentmindedly reach for where the necklace usually was.

I quickly reached behind my neck when I remembered that I chose to leave it off. I looked over to Pansy who seemed to be struggling with her potion.

I walked over and peered into her cauldron. "Pansy, isn't this supposed to be green? Why is it orange?"

"Well, I- I don't know. I added everything here but-" I cut her off by tossing some flakes of slugged essence which soon turned her potion pink, "How did you do that?"

I turned to her and offered a small smile, "Just keep stirring at forty degrees, switching directions every two minutes. Then it'll turn green and you'll be done."

She nodded and I made my way back to my spot. It was now time for the final steps of my elixir. I leaned forward to make sure the smell was right and went to grab the hazel sprigs that would be the final ingredient.

Reaching my hand out I bumped into his. He was reaching for the same thing and the last one nonetheless. He grabbed it and I faced him as he held it out in front of him.

I took a step closer and watched as his breathing became hitched. I smirked and leaned forwards as if to whisper something. He was caught off guard as I took the sprig from his hands.