9. The Goblet

When everything began to die down, the girls had taken their seats at the Ravenclaw table while the boys, Slytherin. The feast appeared and everyone started to dig in.

Viktor Krum was still with Professor Karkaroff who was speaking with Dumbledore and Madam Maxine. After finishing he walked towards our table, taking a seat.

He took his seat in between Draco and me separating us and earning himself a dirty look from Draco and myself.

"Hello, I believe we have met before." He grabbed my hand and leaned in to kiss it, but before he could I pulled my hand away.

"No sorry, I've never seen you before." He met my eyes and then thought for a moment.

"Ahh. You are the girl from the World Cup. Remember I gave you the snitch."

I swallowed the rest of my drink and set it down quite harshly, "Sorry, you must have me mistaken for someone else. I didn't attend the World Cup."

He stared into my eyes for an unusually long time then turned to face Draco before returning to me. "No, I remember quite well. You are the girl with eyes of lavender. You were sitting with the boy with hair white as snow."

I was quite surprised by his poetic literature then nodded. "Well, you caught me. Krim, right?"

He was shocked by my tone and shook his head, "Krum. Now, what about you miss?"

"Oh, umm." I looked around the hall and landed on someone with bushy brown hair, "I'm Hermione Granger, but you can call me never." He was confused while I smirked and turned to my food.

I could feel the burn of someone's eyes and when I searched I met the black eyes of my godfather.

He gave me a questioning look as he motioned to Krum and I shrugged and pointed to Draco. He nodded and soon returned to his food but still took glances at me every so often.

After the food had disappeared, a column-type figure appeared before Dumbledore.

"Your attention please!" with his words everyone dropped their utensils while they turned to the booming voice.

"I'd like to say a few words. Eternal Glory. That is what awaits the student that wins this tournament. To do that, the student must face three tasks. Three. Extremely. Dangerous. Tasks."

"Wicked," Blaise whispered across the table.

"For this reason, there has been a new rule where anyone under seventeen has been prohibited from entering. For their own safety."

The students burst into shouts of utter chaos. The hall grew louder but you could still clearly hear some things.

"That's rubbish!" The twins shouted before Dumbledore stepped forward.

"Silence!" the Great Hall fell silent once more and settled down.

Dumbledore flicked his wand and the column beside him began to open up revealing a goblet stand. A blue flame lit and he turned back to the students.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone who wishes to enter the tournament shall write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame. All must be concluded before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly as there is no return if chosen. As of now, the tournament has begun."

After the speech, the students began to their common rooms as they assigned the guests their rooms.

Avoiding Krum, I walked to Professor Flitwick and requested if my cousins could stay with me as they were to originally stay in Ravenclaw tower. He approved my request and I quickly headed down to where they were sitting.

"Scarlett!" They both recited and rushed in for a hug as I pulled them close as I neared the table.

Annabella was just my height and only a bit younger than I. While Genevieve was taller and a few years older.

She was in her last year at school and she had come to enter the tournament, while Annabella came to support her.

"Oh, I've missed you guys. I can't believe it's been so long." They nodded and agreed while we lowered our heads in remembrance for the reason.

I informed them of the room change and led them down to the dungeons. I showed them my room while they unpacked and settled in.

I left the room with Annabella while Genevieve stayed to shower and freshen up.

I led Bella to the couches and sat down with her, catching up on life. Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and Astoria came in soon enough taking seats on the couch. Excluding Astoria, as she went to find her friends.

"Guys this is my cousin, Annabella. Bella my friends, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, and Pansy Parkinson." I motioned to each friend as she made mental notes.

Then in her beautiful French accent, she greeted them, "Ahh. Very nice to be of acquaintance with you. I am glad Scarlett has friends that are dear to her."

I nodded and we broke off for the night. Gen had left to find some friends while Bella stayed with me in our room. We talked for hours until a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in." whoever it was knocked once more leaving me to get up and walk towards the door, "Gen, you don't have to-"

Opening the door I came face to face with Draco, who had never knocked before, so I sent him a questioning glance.

"I needed a break from Krum, he's staying in my room

"I needed a break from Krum, he's staying in my room. Also, I have something for you but I didn't want to walk in on anything less than indecent." he smirked as I let out a laugh.

I nodded and motioned for him to come in but he refused only handed me a note attached to a glass vile. "Snape sent that." he turned to leave but not before one last glance, "Goodnight Scar."

I bid him goodnight and unraveled the note,

Scarlett,

I am aware that you have trouble sleeping so I have prepared this vile of a calming drought for you. This will make your sleep soundless and relaxing.

Have a good night,

Severus Snape

I chuckled under my breath then turned to find Bella already asleep. I showered and changed before getting into bed. Gen had come back at some point while I was showering. She was also asleep by the time I was in bed.

I wished them goodnight and took the vile Snape had prepared, falling into a calming, dreamless sleep.