30. Yule Ball II

As a champion, we were to open the ball with the first dance.

Just as we were making our way to the line, Donovan stopped me placing a cold metal substance around my neck. When I peered down I was met with a striking gold rose.

"Thank you." I touched the necklace smiling.

"Of course, anything for my niece," he whispered the last part smirking as I pulled him into the line-up.

We each stood with our partners as everyone waited inside. Gen stood with a Ravenclaw boy followed by Diggory and Chang. Behind them was Krum and Granger followed by myself and Donovan who was trailed by Potter and one of the twins that I've seen in the halls.

The music began and we began to walk. As we walked past all the students towards the dancefloor I met a storming ocean of swirl-grey. It was a moment and a moment too long as I was soon pulled into the beginning of a dance.

I met Donny's eyes as he placed his hand on my waist whilst his other accompanied the hand that didn't rest on his shoulder. We started to dance and soon fell into the same steps just as we would back in our own manor ballroom.

It was just like old times and soon the cue to switch cam along, "Uncle Gell, please just dance and don't get too irritated

It was just like old times and soon the cue to switch cam along, "Uncle Gell, please just dance and don't get too irritated. They are all just kids. Now we switch, bye~" he rolled his eyes but passed me on to the next as the other students had now joined the dance.

"Thought you could get away? You made a deal for the dance in exchange for your wand." I met the amber eyes that belonged to the Hufflepuff boy.

"You know what, Feather."

"It's Forrest, but now I'm starting to believe you do it on purpose," he smirked as he pulled me closer.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But you can have one dance, this dance. And now times up. Goodbye." I spun away from him and rolled my eyes as he stood motionless.

I collided with the next person and fell into a quick harmony within the beat. As if I had done this dance before. I gasped as I looked to meet the one person who chose her.

"Before you say anything, Scar. Please just listen." I stayed silent and nodded.

He sighed a sigh of relief as he held me tighter but gently, "I- I misunderstood things, please you have to believe me. I thought that you were attending with that Hufflepuff, I heard you accept his invitation and turned before waiting for more."

I watched him as he continued to dance with me as he spoke, "Pansy came to me later and told me that you would never actually go with him and wanted for me to ask, but I had asked someone else. I know that this Donovan White is just someone else who was there to go with. But if he really is someone who means something to you just tell me and I'll walk away. But I really am sorry."

He spun me out as my breath hitched before pulling me back to his chest as I sighed, "Draco, I- look you should have just come to talk to me. Because we have always talked, you always knew what was going on so why would you think I would randomly accept the hand of someone else. But here's the thing, I can't tell you that Donovan means nothing, because he means everything, but not in a relationship way." he exhaled and continued to listen.