14. Gaining Knowledge

About a week had gone by since I was outed as a Grindelwald and chosen as a champion. The little kids were even more scared of me than they were before, while the older kids just avoided me like usual.

This afternoon I was making my way to the forbidden forest, I stopped to admire the black lake. The light of the sun shimmered across the surface and reflected the sun as the water sent ripples here and there.

I walked into the tree clearing and was met with crushing hugs. Gen and Bella had been helping me control my powers here, but now we were helping each other train for the tournament. Bella was there for moral support mostly.

Hours laters Gen and I were dueling for practice.

"Stupefy!" the ball of light cane for me as I raised my brows and smirked.

"Protego," I said plainly as Gen was out of breath from running around. I was good with magic so the practice was really for Gen.

"Okay, I think that's enough training for today Gen." I motioned for her to stop but she shot my way.

"No! I need to practice, you don't get it Scar. I have to win, I have to show my parents that I'm worthy." Bella had left a while back but as Gen finished her sentence her voice became softer.

"What do you mean? Worthy? Worthy of what?" I walked to her and came face to face, meeting her eyes.

"Father blames me. He still blames me for the death of your mother, his sister. He thinks that if I had grabbed you along with Bella your mum would've lived. He never lets me forget it. I was eight, I didn't know better!" I sighed and pulled her in for a hug as she let out a sob, "I'm so sorry Scar I should've taken you too."

"Hey. Gen, it's okay. I understand and I can speak to your father if I have to. I understand and it wasn't your fault okay. I'm not blaming you." She let out a sob on my shoulder as I held her tight.

"I get that you want to be worthy. But being tired and unfocused won't do you any good. Come on let's go back inside." I gestured to the exit and followed her out.

Back in the castle she had made her way to my room and fell asleep. Bella was in the common room hanging with her friends. I was glad to see them getting along with everyone. Probably because they were pretty too, so some of the Slytherins were either friends out of spite, jealousy, or may even advice. No one really knew.

I left the common room and made my way to the library. I grabbed a book on herbology and plants as I made my way to the back of the library.

I was silent as I got closer to my spot only to hear hushed voices.

"Dragons! Are you serious?"
"That's dangerous! They're willing to put students in that situation!?"

It sounded like two voices but I could almost feel the presence of one more.

"Dragons you say? What's this about dragons?" I turned the corner and was met with the golden trio. Their eyes widened as they spun in their seats, facing me.