16. Threats And Bets

After getting some breakfast and receiving the timetable for the now delayed events, I headed to the courtyard with Draco. Along with Crabbe and Goyle.

I sat in the tree with Draco as he watched the innocent students below. He began passing pins out but I was too busy doing my homework to notice why. 

Crabbe and Goyle were helping to pass out the said pins around the halls surrounding the courtyard.

They erupted into laughter after a few moments which drew me from the twelve inches of potions essay I had to do.

"Potter. Hey Potter!" Draco yelled as he jumped out of the tree.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Potter sighed and turned to face Draco not wanting to deal with him as I watched smirking from the tree above.

"Well since you asked, my father and I have a bet you see. I think you won't last ten minutes, he disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." Draco was sneering as Potter launched forward.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks. He's vile and cruel and you're just pathetic." at this, I jumped from the tree which startled Potter making him take a step back.

"How dare yo-" Draco started before being interrupted.

"Say that again Potter," I scowled at him as he lowered his head and turned to leave.

I nudged Draco to stop him and he nodded pulling out his wand ready to send Potter a jinx. "Don't walk aw-"

"Oh no you don't!" before Draco even began to cast a spell, there was now a white ferret standing where he should've been. "I'll teach you to curse someone behind their backs."

Professor Moody had his wand raised as he bounced the white ferret throughout the air

Professor Moody had his wand raised as he bounced the white ferret throughout the air. "Professor Moody!" I yelled and he flinched but didn't stop.

Instead he proceeded to shoving the ferret down Goyle's pants.

"Moody! Stop!" I pulled out my wand and he lowered his but refused to reverse the spell. Only pulling the ferret back into the air.

The professor dropped the ferret to the ground who then ran behind me as I flicked my wand disarming the professor. Crabbe caught Moody's wand as I snapped my fingers subtly reversing the spell cast on Draco.

Once Draco was standing firmly he turned to the professor, "How dare you! My father will hear about this!"

Moody stepped forward and began to chase Draco around the big tree, "Your father eh! I could tell you stories that you wouldn't believe. Stories that could ruin your father's reputation!"

Draco soon got annoyed and took off running away, taking Crabbe and Goyle with him.

I bent down and picked up Moody's wand eyeing him as he lowered his head.