17. First Task

Everyone was in the Great Hall and it was louder than it had ever been before. The students were all speaking of the tournament and tasks.

My nerves were growing anxious but I wouldn't let it show. I was called to the quidditch grounds that were now covered in rocks and boulders of all sizes.

I entered the champions' tent as I settled in and put my stuff in order. I had changed into a full black outfit, there a connected hood and an attached face cover, a mask.

I left the mask down for now but would put it up later because I knew that it would be easier for the dragon to focus on my eyes

I left the mask down for now but would put it up later because I knew that it would be easier for the dragon to focus on my eyes. Eye contact was the most important thing when facing a dragon.

I stuffed my wand in my boots and made my way to the common area in the tent where the rest of the champions were.

"What'd you reckon we have to do?" Diggory had asked just as I entered.

"Probably get something. Maybe I'm not entirely sure at the moment. Just the idea of dragons is nerve-wracking." Gen had answered as I sat down beside her.

Krum soon came in and sat across from Diggory and Potter.

We spoke for a while then fell quiet as the stadium outside began to grow louder. I stood up and walked over to the edge of the tent. I could hear all the teachers and students filing in anxious for the first task to begin.

As I was about to walk away, I was being pulled into a bone-crushing hug inside the tent. When I opened my eyes, I was met with Pansy's worried face.

"Are you ready? Oh! Please be careful Scarlett!" her voice worried and concerned and soon I was pulled into another hug.

This time Blaise.

"If you don't make it out alive you are going to leave us with one cranky Draco Malfoy. So don't you dare or I, myself will travel to hell and get you." I laughed as he had a serious face but I could tell there was concern behind his eyes.

"Of course you guys. Don't worry I'll be back, and I will stay alive. I promise."

At my last words I was crushed into yet another hug, but this time more comforting. It was a gentle but tight hug. When I lifted my head off the person's shoulder my lilac eyes crashed into one's of swirl grey oceans.

His eyes softened upon seeing my face as his hands rested on my shoulder. He opened his mouth to speak but was stopped by a blinding flash.

"Ooh! Young love! How quaint!" the voice of an older woman filled the tent. I began to charge for her but was held back by Draco.

"How dare you! Why are you here, you're not supposed to be here! Get out!" My voice was soon echoing around.

"Oh, but as a reporter, I always have to get the latest scoop. Rita Skeeter dear, I'm sure you know."