Chapter 15.

As Harry emerges with Jenn from backstage, their big trophy in hand, Michael and Niall run up to them, with wide smiles.

"You did it, Harry!" The blond boy shouts, hugging Harry and lifting him off the floor. The younger boy laughs, "That's my son! I'm so fucking proud of you." Harry rolls his eyes, Niall thinks he's his father just because he's four years older than him. It's not much of a difference, or maybe it is, but he couldn't adopt him anyway.

"Thank you Niall." He says as the blond refuses to put him down. "Now put me down."

Niall messes up his hair before letting him down. Then Michael approaches his boyfriend to congratulate him, grabbing him by the waist in a possessive way. Harry is just a bit surprised, but doesn't say anything.

"You did great, baby. I want to celebrate with you tonight." He says, still discreetly squeezing his waist. Harry blushes, visibly uncomfortable.

"C-celebrate?" He asks shyly as he looks to his friend for help, pleading with his eyes. Jenn nods, and Harry wants to kill her for not understanding his signs.

"Yes, my mother is going to prepare one of her best Italian recipes, I'd like to introduce you to my parents." Michael replies, anxious to take him to his house. Harry doesn't share the same excitement, however.

"I don't know, Michael. I-I'm scared." He says pulling away from his boyfriend's grip.

"What?" Michael frowns, not understanding the last part.

"It scares the hell out of me." He repeats, lowering his head.

"No, nothing will happen. My parents don't bite, really. They are very nice, and they will be very nice to my little boyfriend too." He says, taking his hand to reassure him.

"Are you sure?" He looks up at Michael. The older boy smiles as he nods his head.

"Of course I am. Look at you, you're adorable, who would be mean to you?" And Harry feels a pang of pain in his chest at that question.

"Well... My parents, my dance partners, the people on the street, my ex-boyfriend...." Michael bites his lip as he sees his boyfriend looking so vulnerable right now.

"Harry, come here." He pulls him into an embrace. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, you're my boyfriend now." Harry nods as he huddles into his chest, feeling his body heat and breathing in his scent, casually imagining that it's Louis who's hugging him.

"I love you." He murmurs with his eyes closed. Michael smiles, feeling happy because it's the first time Harry says that to him.

"I love you too."

Jennifer and Niall watch the scene in delight, though Jenn knows her friend well enough to know that Harry isn't fascinated with Michael, and maybe it's because of his crush on his stupid boss. That boy has Harry's undivided attention even if he doesn't deserve it.

"Yes, but first we're all going to celebrate together. Let's go to a bar!" Niall exclaims, throwing his arms up in the air. "And it doesn't matter that you're underage, Harry, you're going with three adults." Harry rolls his eyes.

"Okay, but I'm not going to get drunk."

Harry keeps his word not to get drunk, unlike Jennifer who is completely drunk. They go their separate ways as they leave the bar, Jennifer leaves with Niall, and Harry leaves with Michael to meet his house, still feeling a little nervous because it's the first time he will meet a boyfriend's parents, since Jacob never had the courage to take him home because he was embarrassed to come out of the closet. He can't believe that Michael really wants to introduce him to his parents, Harry is not special, he doesn't feel special, and for that reason he is so nervous.