Chapter 42.

Harry panics and the phone slips from his hands as quickly as he sees Louis collapse on the floor, pale and haggard.

"Louis!" He shouts in desperation as he runs to the boy and falls to his knees beside him. "Louis, what's wrong? Are you all right? Talk to me, please."

His desperation increases when Louis doesn't answer his call, nor does he open his eyes. He is totally unconscious. Tears begin to well up in his green eyes as he slowly shakes the older boy's shoulders.

"What's wrong, love? Wake up, I'm here, look at me." He allows himself to cry freely, caressing Louis' face and placing his head on his lap to keep it elevated.

Harry doesn't understand what this is all about, he's never been in the presence of a fainting spell before, and he doesn't know any techniques to help his boy, which is quite frustrating because Harry just wants to help.

"Jimena! Help!" He screams, still holding the older boy's head. He doesn't want to leave him alone, he doesn't want to leave his side for a second, he can't even pick up the phone because he would have to walk away, and that's not an option right now. "Jimena!"

When Jimena hears the red-eyed boy's alarming screams, she wastes no time and immediately runs following the direction of the screams, leaving all her trades behind.

"What's the matter, Harry, why are you shouting like that?" She asks alarmed.

It's when she observes the scene of both boys on the floor that she lets out a scream. "Good heavens, what's wrong with Louis?" She rushes over.

Harry continues to cry inconsolably as he strokes the unconscious boy's hair.

"Tell me he's not going to die. I don't want to lose him too." He says between his breaths, feeling a sharp pain in his chest.

"No, don't say that, honey. I'll call an ambulance, he'll be fine." She tries to calm him down as she starts dialing numbers on the phone. Harry just stands there on his knees, staring at his love and crying in sheer panic at the thought that he will never see those eyes he adores so much again.

Harry stays true to his side for the next few minutes, until the ambulance horn wakes his attention.

He tries to lift Louis in his arms, but he has always considered himself a weak boy, and has never lifted weights in his life, so he finds it impossible to lift the older boy's body. He purses his lips as he watches the paramedics carrying Louis, and as much as Harry wants to help, they won't let him. All the helpers are young men, nurses and doctors. There isn't a single woman, and that's intimidating to Harry in a way.

He doesn't take his eyes off him at any time. He frowns when one of the doctors detaches Louis' shirt to make sure he gets enough oxygen. Harry finds it too disrespectful, though. Now he doesn't take his eyes off the doctor, who looks back at him with a hypocritical, mischievous smile.

As they are about to get into the ambulance, the doctor stops Harry, which increases Harry's annoyance.

"Let me get in, I'm going with him. He can't go alone, he's unconscious, anything can happen to him. I won't leave him." He says with a defiant look and clenched fists.

"We only accept family members inside the unit, I'm sorry." The doctor replies, anxious to close the door. Harry is about to hit him, but comes up with a better idea.

"I am his brother." He suddenly blurts out.

"Well, if that's so, you can go upstairs." He replies resignedly. Harry jumps into the ambulance without waiting for a second request.

He immediately takes Louis' cold hand as he takes a seat next to the stretcher where he lies. He kisses the base of his hand before resting his cheek gently on it, if only to feel Louis' touch against his skin.