Chapter 50.

The only word mentioned by the tall boy, echoes in Harry's subconscious, subtly tormenting him. Harry wants to scream and run out of the tent, but then he feels Louis' warm arm around his waist, then he remembers that he's not alone anymore. He feels a little less miserable than before, but just as tormented by the memories invading his mind.

Louis watches the boy behind the register after noticing Harry's strange reaction to seeing him. He frowns as soon as the boy refers to his boyfriend as "bubba", and quickly recalls the day Harry refused to be called that by him. He never got an explanation for that, but Louis can get an idea now.

The boy keeps looking at Harry, with a slight flirtatious smile on his lips, and it just drives Louis crazy. No one will look at his boy that way in front of him.

"Did you lose something? Tell me how much I have to pay for all the candy in the bag." His voice is demanding when he speaks. Harry keeps his eyes on the floor, trembling slightly as he bites his lower lip, hurting himself to distract himself from the situation. However, the boy doesn't seem to bend to Louis' demanding tone.

"Don't raise your voice at me, I'm not your slave if that's what you think." He answers, looking at Louis for the first time, defiantly, raising his chin with an air of superiority. Louis lets out a snort, and laughs before replying to the insolent boy.

"Is this a joke? You're just a cashier here, your job is to charge for the candy you sell, you're not even the owner of the store, insolent." The boy smiles broadly, annoying Louis even more.

"It's funny, but in fact, I am." He scoffs, showing his ID. "You're officially in my store."

Louis clenches his jaw, as does his grip on Harry's waist. The younger boy doesn't dare look up, hoping it's all a bad dream.

"Well, let's get this over. Are you going to charge me for the candy, or would you rather I buy it at another store?" He asks stubbornly, feeling helpless and curious to know what significance this boy has in Harry's life. Happily it may be a relative, or unfortunately it may turn out to be some boyfriend from his past.

"Hazzie? Good to see you again, bubba." He comments, ignoring the previous words spoken by the bluish-haired boy. Louis looks at him indignantly, gaping at him.

Harry shudders, and suddenly looks up at him, at Jacob, at the boy who took his virginity along with his heart, and then shattered it, leaving only the leftovers.

He vowed never to cry over him again, vowed to forget him, to get over him, to bury him deep in his memory, and he had succeeded, but come on, it all goes to shit as soon as he sees him. Harry didn't last a year in love with him, he had been since first grade, a lifetime of silently loving him, and one year as boyfriends.... Or rather, secret lovers. Let's say, Harry knew what love is with Jacob, or at least, the worst part of love. The only pleasant memory Harry has of this boy, is sex.

Louis stands rigid, clenching his fists at his sides, watching Harry gasp as he stares at the boy. Jealousy. The word falls short to describe what Louis is feeling. Still, he remains silent, waiting for Harry to say something, waiting for him to feel respect for him, and to act before he takes control and resolves it in the worst way.

Harry shakes his head suddenly, and Jacob raises an eyebrow.

"I have to talk to you, I've wanted to since that time. Fuck, bubba, I've been looking for you like crazy, I've scoured the city, I even went to your house to talk to your mother.... Sure, I ended up with the frying pan on my head, but what else could I do? You disappeared, leaving nothing behind. I was calling you every day on your cell phone...." His words are cut off by an angry Harry.