Chapter 28.

Harry doesn't go straight to the mansion, instead, he heads to Niall's house. Luckily Jennifer is there to comfort him, and that's all Harry needs right now. He throws himself on her, hugging her so tightly, and Jennifer can tell he's breaking down right now in her arms.

"What's wrong, Hazz?" She strokes him back gently. Harry pulls away a little to look through her eyes. "I know that face, you're trying not to cry. What happened at the academy?" He shakes his head.

"It's Louis." Jennifer curses internally. Did he dare? After everything she told him about Harry, was he such an asshole as to trample all that information and throw it away? Was he able to use his weaknesses to hurt him? She clenches her fists tightly, wishing she could punch Louis, and wishing she had never said anything she said to him.

"Son of a... I knew he'd be trouble, what did he do?" Harry looks down, feeling miserable.

"He's too much like Jacob, too much like him." He says in a breathy voice.

"Why do you say that?" Jennifer questions him. If Harry is able to compare a boy to Jacob, then it's a bad sign.

"He's not sure, I saw that look, he was trying to make me think different, but I'm never wrong when I see that look, Jenn, today I could prove that Louis is not sure." The girl makes a grimace of sadness to see her best friend so discouraged.

"He's not the same as Jacob, Harry, I know you loved him a lot, but you have to get over it." The younger boy shakes his head again. He can't get over Jacob, the boy who broke him and played with his innocence and purity, the boy who thought would be the love of his life and ask him to marry him, the boy who broke his heart, the boy who only used him for his benefit.

"He wants to keep me as a secret, Jenn, just like Jacob. They're the same. I won't be able to stand another boy dating me in secret so He won't feel shame in front of society..... I just want someone to love me and not be afraid to go out on the street with me, or introduce me to his family as a formal boyfriend, not be ashamed to express his love for me, and for me not to have to hide how I feel about him. For that reason I will stay with Michael, he is good, and he doesn't keep me as a secret from anyone." Jennifer looks at him sadly.

"But you don't love Michael, Hazz, you can't be with a boy you don't love either." Harry sighs deeply, knowing that the girl is right.

"I'll learn to love him." She grimaces. She has heard him say that so many times, but he doesn't, he won't as long as he keeps seeing Louis every day. It's hard to forget someone when you see them every day.

"You break my heart. Boys these days are all idiots...." Harry interrupts her.

"He kissed me, Jenn." He says remembering that precious moment that lasted no more than five minutes in total. It was all so perfect, but so quick, and it had such a sad ending.

"What?!" She exclaims in surprise.

"Louis kissed me." He repeats wistfully.

"Did he dare? Harry, I don't know what to say. He seems to really like you, he doesn't seem like a bad boy, he's just a bit stubborn and blind." He nods weakly, agreeing.

"It's sad, I know he's not happy with Brianna, he says he loves me, but he's afraid of what people will think. It hurts me Jenn, everything would be different if I were a girl. If I were a girl Louis wouldn't hesitate.... Why does he have to pay so much attention to people's opinions? Why does he prefer to be unhappy just to please them? He doesn't even try. He's so cute when he's with me.... But when we are in front of other people he pretends nothing is going on between us, he walks away. His indifference hurts me, and then he seems to forget all about it when we're alone and goes back to being the same sweet, cute guy. Why does he have to change around other people?" he asks crestfallen.