Chapter 27.

Louis leaves one last short kiss on his lips before pulling away, his hands still caressing his flushed cheeks. He doesn't smile though, he has an expressionless look on his face that scares Harry. That look.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks worriedly, taking a step back. Louis shakes his head.

"Nothing. It felt really good." He says expressionlessly. Harry looks at him stricken, knowing something is wrong.

"Louis, do you regret it?" He asks, lowering his head, biting his lower lip hard. He knew it was all too perfect to be real. Louis frowns and breaks the distance between them again.

"Harry, no, don't think that, of course I don't regret it." He lifts his chin gently, looking him straight in the eyes, seeing the glint of sadness in them.

"But you don't seem sure." Louis looks at him indignantly.

"Harry, I feel very safe when I'm with you, please, have a little confidence." The youngest takes another step back.

"I can't, Louis, I saw your face." He insists. The brown-haired boy lets out a snort.

"You didn't see anything, I was thinking." He assures.

"Thinking about how to fix this?" Harry looks at him for a second before lowering his head.

"There's nothing I want to fix, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me, that's what I was thinking, Harry. Would you stop being negative for a second?" He raises his voice and doesn't know at what point he started yelling at him until he sees the younger boy's expression. "Harry, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He shrugs, playing it down. Louis knows it's not okay, he can see it.

"I'm sorry. I'm just..." He interrupts him.

"I understand, Louis." He says, dodging his gaze.

"No, you don't understand, you always understand things with a different perspective, and it shouldn't be like that, Harry." The youngest turns his back on him.

"I'm going.. I'm going to take a shower. Close the door on your way out." He hears his voice crack and walks in his direction.

"Harry, I'm not leaving until we talk about this."

"We have nothing to talk about, my boyfriend is waiting for me downstairs, and your girlfriend? Your girlfriend is very happy because your relationship is getting better, you should go with her." Louis rolls his eyes.

"Who are you kidding? Your relationship sucks, just like mine. You don't love him. Honestly..." Harry interrupts him once more.

"I need to take a shower."

"Harry, I don't know what I did wrong, or what I said wrong, but I didn't mean to, I'm sorry. I don't know why somehow I always end up apologizing to you, maybe because I can't stand being wrong with you. Everything was fine and suddenly you... I don't think I was the one to blame this time because I was just thinking and you drew the wrong conclusion, something that never crossed my mind.... It hurts me that you think that way. I really liked that kiss, Harry, even if you don't believe me." And saying that, he leaves the room, slamming the door shut.

Harry looks at the door where he's gone, and suddenly wants to scream in frustration. Louis didn't screw anything up this time, he did, and he feels like such an idiot for it. His lack of confidence sucks, everything in his life sucks.

He looks at the flowers and the pink stuffed animal on the bed and bursts into tears as he hugs the dolphin and lies down in the fetal position.

Louis finds Liam in his room and closes the door behind him with a loud slam that makes Liam jump.