Chapter 1.

Sweat drops cover his delicate face while he tries with all his strenght walking without losing his dignity. Just two more hours, and then he could stop using that annoying giant chicken head that his boss forces him to use daily to attract people and to give a good atmosphere to the place. He’s sufocated, he can only breath through a little hole in the suit, and through the same hole he looks around so he doesn’t fall while he walks. How did he accept such a low-quality job? It’s humiliating, even if nobody can see his face, he feels denigrated wearing that chicken costume.

He hates his job, of course he does, but he can’t quit, because he really needs the money.

"Order your burgers, the bests of the world. Come and eat in Crispy Burger, where everything is burger…" He bites his lip when he forgets his line. "I mean, bigger. Where everything is bigger!" He raises his arms, causing that some feathers of the costume fall on the floor.

He sees his boss walking towards him, so he starts to dance around the restaurant, making chicken noises, trying to avoid his boss and distracting him with his perfect acting, but he does not succeed.

"Harry, what are you doing?" Harry frightens when he listens to his voice. He turns around shyly so they can see each other. "You have to say only one line, and you forgot it."

"I’m sorry sir. I’m distracted today." He answers, lowering his head with embarrassment.

"I noticed. Stop getting distracted and turn yourself into the character. You are not Harry anymore, you are Crispy!" Harry nods. This is ridiculous; sometimes his boss takes the chicken acting as something serious.

Come on, it is a chicken, relax. He thinks. It can’t be that difficult to act like a chicken.

"Can I drink water first sir?" He listens to how his boss lets out a big sigh, annoyed by the many times Harry asks the same question.

"Okay, but do it fast. Kids want to see Crispy in action." And there it is again, the big obsession that the man has with the chicken. It seems that’s the only thing that matters of that restaurant.

Harry moves with greed, making its way through people, until he arrives to the place where workers rest. He takes off the big chicken head before he enters the bathroom and he opens the faucet. He pours water on his face, and breaths hardly through it.

He feels like he is at the edge, he can’t take that job, not even for one more day. Yes, maybe his friend Jennifer is right. Harry can’t have the same job for more than two weeks, he can’t bear it. Before, when he worked as a librarian, he got bored, so he quitted before the two weeks of work. He is not a lazy boy; it’s just that not one single job makes him happy enough to be more than two weeks in it. He needs an encouragement, but even if he searches for one, he doesn’t find any.

He’s just a teenager. He’s seventeen, and his curriculum has more than four pages, filled with employments. It’s pretty good to someone as young as he is; he has a lot of experience. He wants to try new things every day, he’s an extroverted and curious boy, and he doesn’t fear anything or anyone. And specially, he is a very independent person, he is young, but he separated from his mother, because he felt like she didn’t understand him, so he decided to move on with his best friend.

Jennifer wasn’t happy with the news; actually she wants to kill him for taking that decision. Definitely, Harry is dumb, or maybe he just loves challenging common logic.

"How could you quit the job?! You are crazy, Harry. We owe three months of rent, and if we don’t pay everything before the end of the month, the owner will kick us out. It’s stupid that you did not think about it before you left the job." Worry is noticeable in her eyes. Harry knows how much his friend struggled to acquire the apartment, she obtained everything and they won’t lose it because of him.