⑅ TWO ⑅

That night

△▽△▽△

TO SAY THAT LAST NIGHTS events made Aurora felt weird was an understatement. Never have she thought, that the small encounter she had with the boy made something lit up in her.

Made her want to get to know him more and... better.

It was weird enough to say the words, and it made it even weirder to actually feel it.

Something inside Aurora pulled her to be somewhat interested of the boy.

She was curious. Fascinated.

What lies beyond him than what she already knew? Secrets that lay beneath his scarred skin.

Curious..

It was eating her up that all she could do that morning was stare at him from down the Gryffindor table.

He was holding a book, reading. And occasionally laughing along when his friends crack a joke.

Curious..

"Hey, Rory!" a hand flicked in front of her, waking her up from the trance. She lifted her head to see Alice Fortescue, looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"What?" she asked confusedly, trying to sound like she just didn't got caught out of reality.

"You zoned out. I ask if you want to hang out with me and Frank down the lake today? He's checking out some herbology plants later." Alice informed and she nodded absentmindedly.

"Yeah, sure.." she replied weakly, and Alice gaze at her friend worriedly.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just-" she stopped. As much as she wanted Alice to know, she wasn't also quite sure of the feelings herself.

Perhaps it was nothing to stress Alice on about it.

"Nothing.."

"Alright... if you say so." Alice replied suspiciously. Thankfully someone arrived to change the subject for her.

"Hey, Aurora. Didn't see you at bed last night when I woke up midnight.." Marlene remarked slipping to the seat beside her.

"Nightmare again?" Alice asked, concern lacing in her voice.

Practically, all her dorm mates had known all about her constant horrid dreams that keeps replaying twice a week or even more in a worst case scenarios.

Aurora solemnly nodded, earning a sigh from both her friends.

"Perhaps we shouldn't have made that bet."

"Yeah, we shouldn't have."

"Hey, hey. It's not your fault, I already told you that." Aurora reassured.

Though, her friends were the one who made that bet, it wasn't their fault she lost on it. But yet, they kept on blaming themselves, and Aurora didn't want to let them feel guilty about it.

Though, that night when she came running back to the Entrance Hall crying. Her friends immediately called a teacher, and they were given a week of detention for sneaking out late at night.

But clearly something had shaken up the blonde girl when she woke up in sweats sobbing as she remembered the scene, much more worst, again in her sleep.

Though, Aurora had told them something really bad happened in the Forbidden Forest. She never told them she was chased by a werewolf. Or anything that reasons out why she was crying and out of breathe that night when she came back.

She didn't wanna made them feel more guilty than they already were.

The only people Aurora told the incident to was at Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. And even when she told them, she was shaken up.

She was almost at the tip of dying. And the deathly face the werewolf gave her didn't made it a lot better.

"Not whose fault?" another dorm mate slid to the seat beside Alice, across Aurora and Marlene.

Lily Evans. A sweet and fierce girl...

"What gotten you so hold up? You just followed right behind me!" Marlene exclaimed and the red hair huffed.

"Another one of Potter's flirty comments held me back." she scoffed and the girls giggled.

Because how sweet the girl is. James Potter chased after her since first year, and until then, has never the boy ever gave up.

"Someone's really desperate." Marlene commented and Lily rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, let's not talk about that twat. What're you talking about before I came?"

"Aurora's out of bed last night again.."

Lily turned to the blonde girl across her with a sympathetic look. They knew that when she was out of bed, she just had a nightmare and was out for a walk.

Aurora had basically knew all the route in castle leading to the Astronomy tower of how much she's already been going out to stargaze.

Though, she did got caught by Filch once, earning her a week of detention but that was only one time in her third year. The more she does it, the more she gets expert in not stumbling into one of the school staffs.

"Haven't it stopped already? I mean, it didn't haunt you once last week."

"It's a stop-and-go." she shrugged.

Aurora turned back to her plate and lazily butter up her toast, while the other girls engaged themselves in a conversation.

She tuned out everyone around and focus blankly at the plate in front of her. It was like she was carried away in space.

Silence...

She block out the pair of eyes watching her intently down the table.

A pair of hazel eyes.

-

a/n:

hiiiiii, so we finally at chapter two!!

im so bored at home. pls. help me😩

recommend i should do?

And no, don't tell me to just write a new chapter, I've done it already!

-pearlyy🌙