⋆ TWENTY NINE ⋆

The Love Game

△▽△▽△

ONCE THE TRAIN ARRIVED AT HOGSMEADE STATION, the students began to climb down and take their trunks out with them as they made their way quickly to where the carriages were stationed.

Remus, along with his friends got off the train, with their luggage being drag behind them. Sirius and James were snickering about a new prank they thought about commencing this year, while Remus walks behind them quietly, with Peter beside him - drooling about the upcoming meals that would be served at dinner later for their welcome feast.

"Wait up, you guys!" Peter exclaimed as he tries to catch up with Sirius and James who had awfully long legs as they stride their way to the carriages.

The two of them looks back, "Hurry up, mates!"

Peter was running after them, Remus didn't bother as he keeps pushing his trunk forward, careful not to hit some random students on the way.

"Ah!" someone crashes into Remus's shoulder.

Remus looked to his side, opening his mouth as he was about to apologize...

"Sorry!" they said at the same time, but everything seems to freeze when the person glances up and caught Remus's gaze.

Only did they realize that the voice belongs to the person they were both anticipated to meet, just yet.

Aurora pauses as Remus's eyes stared into her.

It took him a double take. Just to make sure he's looking at the right person, because...

Her complexion was a little... different.

Beautiful, still. But with more glamour, and style. Sirius wasn't lying, Aurora did glow. A glow that grew a lump on Remus's throat and a tiniest flush across his cheeks.

"...Remus."

"...Rory."

They both breathed at the same time which made them pause again.

Remus didn't know what else was to say. The beauty that stood before him was making him speechless. And nothing ever makes Remus Lupin speechless.

He didn't expect to see her. And Aurora, too, wasn't expecting to be seeing him a lot sooner.

Simply because she was not ready. She doesn't know how to face him just yet. Or whether what to say to him. Not now, not yet.

She cleared her throat, "..Good to see you well, Remus. I should get going.." she made that as an excuse to make her exit.

Aurora was two steps away when her wrist was gently grabbed, stopping her in place. She stiffened.

She turns around to see Remus looking at her with knitted brows and a completely perplexed face.

"I-" he started, but the next words didn't come out his mouth. It stopped at the very tip of his twists tongue.

You rejected her, the voice in his head whispered.

Let her go...

Feeling that burden, the hold of his hand on her wrist loosened a bit, until her hand completely slipped out his grasp.

Right. He had chose this...

"Uh... Good to see you well too." he muttered, smiling faintly at her,

Aurora pursed her lips and walk away, leaving Remus to sigh frustratingly.

This was what he wanted. So why? Why does it hurt so much? These past months, he came to discover a feeling he was not so familiar with...