four

Y/N POV~
You were walking happily when you felt two pairs of strong hands grab you by the arms. You tried to wriggle out of their grip but it was no use. They had you, and they weren't letting you escape again. The worst part was, no one would even know you were gone. You blended into the shadows, most people not even knowing you were there. It just so happened that this time, you wouldn't be.

You awoke with a jolt, drenched in sweat. Was this what a nightmare felt like? You were so used to drug-induced sleep that you had never experienced dreams like this before. You saw it was still dark, and the clock on your bedside table read 2am. Trying to even out your breath and slow down your heart rate, you climbed out of bed. Maybe some water would do you some good.

Unsure of where to go, you decided to take a right and hoped it led you to the kitchen. You climbed down the stairs as quietly as you could. Maybe you should've asked Natasha for a tour earlier, as you had become completely and utterly lost. Taking yet another set of stairs you decided to try a door, and found yourself in some sort of gym.

"Oh no, wrong door," you whispered to yourself, going to leave.

"Lost?" You turned on your heel, and found the man with the metal arm, placing a weight back down on the ground. Bucky, you remembered his name was.
"Yeah, I was looking for the kitchen."
He gave a small laugh. "Nightmares, right?"
You rose an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"
He stood from his position, moving towards you. "You had a nightmare, didn't you? I can tell my the way your hair is stuck to your face from sweat and how your clenching your fists."
"Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I did. I decided some fresh air would be nice, but that was before I realised I had no idea where I was going." You were surprised by how much he noticed the little details.
He chuckled. "Well, lucky for you, I was just about to head to the kitchen. I'll show you the way."

You follow him out the door and down the hallway. He was becoming more and more of a mystery every day. Sick of being so curious, you decide to be a little bold.
"So, how'd you know it was a nightmare?" You ask and he clenched his jaw.
"I've been in the exact same position as you," he replies, turning the corner. "I know how excruciating the pain was there, both physically and mentally. I was one of their stupid 'test subjects' and I've experienced the horrible nightmares that come afterwards. It isn't fun, but let me just say, you're talking it better than most." You made another turn and came to a large kitchen. Bucky got two glasses out.
"Here, drink some milk. It's strange, but it's comforting after a nightmare."
You accepted the glass gratefully, slowly sipping at the sweet liquid.
"So, have you got any special talents or powers or anything?" He asked, sipping at his own milk.
You shrugged. "Hydra said I did, but after all that time with them trying to get it out of me, they never did. What about you?"
His knuckles turned white as he tightened his grip around his glass. "They liked that I was strong, that I could easily take out any opponent. They brainwashed me into their secret assassin, made me do their dirty work."
You grimaced as you heard his experiences.
"Shit, that sounded terrible. I'm sorry." He smiled sadly at you.
"No, don't be, I'm sorry for just burdening you with more." He finished the last of his milk and placed his glass in the sink. You followed him doing the same.
"Of course not, It's nice to hear from someone who knows what I've been through." He smiled, wider this time, and I subconsciously rub the back of my neck nervously. He had a really, really nice smile.

You watched as he slowly balled up his metal hand into a fist, then released it again.
"Uh, well, thank you for helping me find my way around, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," you try and break the silence, offering him a smile.
"Um, yeah, sure, goodnight Y/N. Hope the nightmares get better."
You smile at him one last time, feeling a lot calmer than you did a while before. You settled back in your bed, this time under you covers as you drift slowly back into sleep.

A/N ~
There we go guys! Wasn't going to update today but I had some free time haha. Some moments between Y/N and Bucky finally! Not much, but there'll be more soon. Also, you may have noticed I changed the end to the last chapter slightly, I decided I wasn't very happy with it so I just changed it haha. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and have a spectacular day!