fourteen

A/N~
Sorry, this chapter is kinda short but the next one will be much longer!

"Y/N!" Natasha yelled from the doorway as she ran up to you.
"Hey Nat."
"Are you okay? Where's Bucky?"
"He got it in his head that all this is all his fault so he stormed off."
Nat sighed. "Asshole. He shouldn't of done that, I'm gonna go talk to him." You grabbed her wrist before she could walk away.
"No, Nat, that's not important right now. I need to talk to you about something," you sigh as she sits down next to your bed.

"I-I froze time, Nat. I don't know how, and why. All this is just messing with my head," you finish explaining all the weird occurrences and your newfound powers.
"I think I've officially found my new favourite power in the whole tower. Don't tell Wanda," Nat smiled, and I laughed. "But Bucky walked off after you found out all this? I get he was feeling bad and blaming himself, but he wasn't even here to support you when you're just trying to handle all this new information."
"Look, let's just not talk about Bucky right now, I feel horrible about letting him storm away, and I don't really want to think about it. Right now, I just need to know how I can prevent my powers from destroying my body. If I can help it, I'd like to get out of this infirmary as quickly as possible."
Nat chewed on her bottom lip in though. "I think I have an idea."

Bucky POV~
I stormed to my room, burying my head in my hands. I was the reason Y/N almost died. I was the reason I almost lost her.

I had been confused for a long time about why I was so worried, about why I couldn't stop thinking about her. I realised that I cared about her. As more than just a friend. And I didn't even have a chance to tell her that. I didn't know how she could possibly trust me after everything I had put her through.

I looked up as I heard a knock at the door. In stormed Nat, her face almost as red as her hair in anger.
"You're a piece of shit, you know."
"Excuse me?"
She laughed bitterly. "Just when I think you're a good person, staying up all night just to be there for Y/N when she wakes up, you storm off just as quickly like some emotional teenage girl. Grow up, asshole."
"I don't understand."
"Well, Y/N's powers are triggered by emotions right? You almost caused another episode. Luckily, it didn't affect her that much. All she did was freeze time. And you weren't even there for her when she discovered this. She's still in there though, feeling guilty that you feel guilty. You see how confusing that sounds?"
"I-I-"
"You what? Look, I'll give you another chance. Go in there and apologise. She needs her grounding rock more than ever right now."
I nodded quickly as she turned to leave. God, I had made yet another stupid mistake. How did I not realise I would be hurting Y/N by storming off? Raking a hand through my hair, I set off back to the infirmary, mainly because I was scared of Nat, but also because I needed to apologise to Y/N. I had to stop making so many stupid mistakes. She deserved a lot better than that.

Opening the door of the infirmary, I quickly ran down the hallway, to her room. My heart froze as I found her bed there, empty. Had she-

No, my head couldn't go there. I checked the next few rooms.
"Y/N? Y/N?"
Eventually I walked back to her room, spotting a glimpse of movement near the balcony.
"Y/N?"