five

Y/N POV ~
You woke groggily the next morning, your head heavy and your eyes still droopy with sleep. Brushing the covers off of you, you realised that you still hadn't changed out of your old clothes.

Walking over to the cupboard, you pulled out some comfortable pants and a shirt. There wasn't much to choose from, but you didn't know much about fashion anyways and you were grateful for anything besides a tattered old hospital gown.

Trying to remember the way to the kitchen that Bucky had shown you the night before, you decided to answer your stomach's hungry growling. But as you entered the kitchen, you noticed two men you hadn't met before.
"Hey! You must be Y/N. Capsicle told me a lot about you," one man said, flashing you a grin. You gave him a confused smile, still not knowing who he was, or who he was talking about.
"Capsicle?" You asked.
"Oh right, sorry, Steve. Eugh, it feels weird calling him that. Anyways, I'm Tony. Tony Stark."
You gave him a smile and a nod, making sure to remember that name.

As you stared at the table awkwardly, not knowing what to say, Natasha came in.
"Y/N! Morning! I see you've met Tony and Bruce. Some tips, Tony has an overinflated ego you have to ignore, and Bruce talks a lot about science stuff you won't understand." You laughed, glad that the awkward silence had finally ended.
"Hey Nat, you wouldn't be here without me, you know," Tony said, and she pulled a face.

Just then, a tall, large, blonde man and a red-haired woman walked in.
"Oh, lady Y/N! The Captain has told me so much about you," The blonde man said.
"Has Steve just told everyone about me?" You asked, and the blonde man laughed a strong, hearty laugh.
"I guess so. I'm Thor, God of Thunder, and this is Wanda." Wanda waved at you.
Suddenly overwhelmed by the large number of people, you excused yourself from the room, smiling to Bucky and Steve on your way out. Meeting a few new people were fine, but so many so fast just made your head spin. And it was already spinning due to how quickly everything was changing. Deciding to clear your head, you made your way to the gym, the only other place is the tower you knew the way too. If everyone was in the kitchen, surely no one would be down there.

Bucky POV ~
I couldn't help but watch Y/N as she left the kitchen. She seemed distressed, and a little shaken. Part of me felt bad for her, she had been introduced to so much in one day, had finally been given freedom and she didn't even know when to start.
"Bucky! Buck! Are you even listening?" I was caught of guard by Steve, who was waving a hand in front of my face.
"Uh, yeah, sorry, I just realised that I left something in my room." I excused myself and set of to follow Y/N.

She was going to the gym, but I found it strange she was taking such a long route, with the stairs and everything. I could understand why she wanted some alone time. Being forced into a situation where you had to become friends with a ton of superheroes at once didn't seem very ideal.

As we finally got to the gym, I decided to make my presence known.
"You know, there's a quicker way to the gym."
She jumped, placing her hand on her chest as she faced me,
"Were you following me? What are you, some sort of stalker?" She accuses, raising a questioning eyebrow. I put my hands up as if surrendering.
"No, no, of course not. I was just wondering if you'd like some company." The corner of her mouth tilted upwards and a faint dimple appeared. Cute.
"Sure, though I'm not sure what I'm even doing down here. I mainly came to escape."
I laugh. "I noticed that. Well, how about I show you one of my favourite activities." This time the other corner of her mouth matched the first, her smiling wider now. I crossed the room, making my way over to the punching bags.
"Now, I don't know about you, but I find it extremely fun to take out all of my anger on this." She was definitely smiling now, and the dimple was even more pronounced. I motioned for her to walk over.

She placed herself in front of the punching bag, holding a position. It was adorable. Reaching over, I gently moved her wrists so she was in a more effective stance.
"Thanks," she said, and I grinned.
"Don't mention it."

Then she beat the shit out of that punching bag.