six

Y/N POV~
Hanging out with Bucky was better than you had expected. You could relate to him, having shared similar life experiences, and you found him a lot easier to talk to than the other Avengers, who you still found intimidating.

Later that day, however, him and Steve were called for a mission, leaving you to try and make friends on your own.

You were sitting on the sofa, curled into a ball when Wanda and Natasha approached you.
"Y/N!" You smiled at the familiar sound of Natasha's exciting voice. "Wanda and I were thinking we would show you around, outside of the tower, if you like." You thought about it for a second. If you were truly free now, it wouldn't hurt to know what to do with that freedom. You nodded, accepting their offer.
"Great! We are totally taking you to the mall," Wanda said, her voice thick with an accent you didn't recognise.

You were excited, as you hadn't been shopping in a long time. You were young when Hydra took you, and you had forgotten what it was like to buy your own things.

You left the Avengers tower, Nat linking her arm through yours.
"Have you shown her your power yet?" She asked Wanda, and Wanda shook her head.
"Power?" You asked.
"Most people are part of the Avengers because they are strong, and can put up a fight, or they have some sort of power or ability. Wanda here probably has my favourite." Wanda smiled at that and stopped walking. You turned to watch. She stretched out her hands towards a trash can sitting on the side of the pathway. Her hands started to glow red, and slowly the trash can started to rise into the air. You watched in awe, not knowing someone had this kind of power.
"See, I told you. Best ability ever," Nat said, continuing to walk.

You made your way to a large building, the other two girls dragging you inside. It was loud and full of people carrying bags and various items.
"Now, your wardrobe doesn't have the most exciting stuff in it, so the first thing we need to do is get you more clothes," Wanda explained, and with that they dragged you into the first store.

You arrived back at the tower later that day, your hands full of bags. The girls spared no expense in making sure you had a wide variety of clothes to choose from. As you entered the tower you were met by Tony.
"Nat, you better not have spent all my money," he teased.
"Relax Tony, I paid with my own money." Immediately you started to feel bad.
"Oh, sorry Nat, I didn't realise you had paid for all this," you apologised, feeling embarrassed that you hadn't realised. What if everyone started thinking you were just taking advantage of her?
She laughed. "Don't be stupid, think of it as my sort of welcome gift," she said, handing you the bags with a smile.
Tony laughed too. "Jeez, I don't think anyone here has ever felt so guilty about someone else paying for them. Get used to it kid, because the more they feel sorry for you, the more they'll pay."
You laugh lightly at his joke, but his comment hit harder than you thought. Did everyone here really feel sorry for you? They all knew of your past, but you didn't think it would mean they would treat you any differently.
"Well, thank you Nat and Wanda for the fun day. It was nice to get to know the city a little better." You left with a wave, suddenly desperate to be alone. You had to show people you could take care of yourself. Yes, you may have had a rough past, but the last thing you wanted was other people's sympathy.

Emptying your bags, you suddenly felt weighed down by all the clothes Natasha had bought you. Sympathy clothes. Nevertheless, you didn't want to waste her money, so you folded them neatly and placed them in your wardrobe. Exhausted from the busy day, you decided to have an early night, showering quickly then changing into a pair of plain pajamas and settling into bed.

A/N ~
Hey guys!
Double updates both yesterday and today! Sorry if this chapter wasn't very good, or very long, it was definitely just a filler but it's leading onto something good soon!

A quick thank you to all those who have voted so far, it means a hell of a lot to me and I really appreciate it.

I hope you're all enjoying the story, feel free to vote and comment if you do!

Have a spectacular day and I'll see you all in the next chapter!