twenty-two

A/N~

woooaaaahh am I actually updating right now? so sorry for the super long break I've been working on a tonn of other projects and exams and stuff have been hectic but I'm back now lol!

quick TW: mentions of torture and blood and stuff, not looking forward to writing this but I like reading it? I'm a strange human being but yeah if you don't wanna read about this, skip of Y/N's POV and it should be okay from there.

hope you enjoy!

Y/N POV~

Another scream tore from your throat as you writhed and twisted on the bed. You were used to this, but not to this extreme.

"Use your power Y/N. We know you have it. Use it to help us and we can stop this."

You gave him a menacing glare. "I am never  helping you."

One of the men walked over to you, sharp blade in hand. He dragged the tip across your flesh, eliciting yet another scream. Another man placed a damp cloth over your mouth.

"Silence, annoying witch. We shall have those powers on our side no matter what it takes."

You tried to keep your eyes open but it was no use as your body relaxed and you drifted unconscious.

Bucky POV~

I paced across the living room, frantically racking my brain for some sort of solution. Hydra was too prepared, and we were too stupid.

"Maybe we can send some scout drones, or something, to search for her?" Sam offered.

"No, there would be too much ground to cover and we don't even know if this base is above ground or not." 

"Geez, just trying to offer a solution." Sam rolled his eyes. We had all been discussing possible scenarios and solutions for hours, and we were all starting to get crabby.

Steve placed an hand on Sam's arm. "Look, we're all stressed about Y/N but maybe we should take five or something. It's doing none of us any good sitting around here for this long."

"We cannot  take a break. Y/N could be out there dying for all I know, and it's been more than a week! If we don't find her soon than-" I swallowed, not wanting to think about the 'if'. I couldn't believe they wanted to just sit around and do nothing.

"We will find her soon, Buck. We're doing everything we can."

I slumped down on the couch beside Steve. I wasn't so sure what he was saying would be true. An awful feeling was telling me otherwise.

Y/N POV~

It had been days, weeks, months. You weren't sure anymore, with the minimal amount of light entering your small, dank room, and the more hours you spent unconscious rather than awake.

You couldn't count the number of horrible things Hydra had done to you. From reopening that wound that never seemed to heal on your arm, to that awful chemical on the damp cloth.

But something was different today as the men entered yet again, wheeling in a tray of strange tools.

"Hold her down," the man with the tools instructed as you tried to wiggle out of your restraints, fear suddenly filling your heart. The two other men did as they were told, pinning down your arms and legs. The man lifted a syringe, roughly tilting your head to the side and he positioned it beside your neck. "You've been very difficult, Miss Y/N. Hopefully this will help you learn to cooperate."

He stabbed the needle into your neck, the strange chemical sending the worst pain imaginable tearing through your body. Your throat burnt from the huge scream of pain that escaped it, your lungs were burning and your eyes were stinging. It was unlike anything you'd ever felt before.

And to make it worse, you lost control of your powers as they tore through you, sending a huge burst of white light across the room. The three men in there flew backwards, hitting the wall and slumping to the ground, their noses bleeding. You slumped back against the bed again, exhausted and on the brink of unconsciousness again. Usually you would've been able to reign in your control of your emotions, to control your powers, but the pain must've been too much for you to handle.

You moved your head slightly as you heard the click of the door opening. "That was most certainly impressive, Y/N. What I've been waiting to see for a very, very long time." Another man walked in, with a thick accent I didn't recognise, along with two other men. He picked up the now empty syringe. "We now know what triggers it, too. Bring her downstairs." You swallowed, trying to free yourself of your restraints as the other men walked towards you.

Bucky POV~

I stormed back into my room, mad at myself for not yet having found Y/N's location. If we didn't find her soon, who knows what Hydra could do? What they've already done to her?

I slammed my fist against the wall, sliding down to the ground. This was all my fault.

Suddenly, the lights went out. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to the darkness, before standing quickly and rushing out of my room. Apparently, I wasn't the only one.

"What the hell is happening now?" Nat asked, walking towards Tony.

"I'm not sure, but the power's out everywhere in New York City. It would've taken a lot of energy to do this."

"Tony, look at this." Bruce waved Tony over. "An anomaly, in the middle of nowhere. That's where the energy blast came from."

Tony looked up at him, a smug smile painted across his face. "You know what this means."

"What?" I was growing impatient now.

"The blast came from Y/N. We know where to find her."