twelve

Y/N POV~
The pain was unbearable. Like red-hot acid flowing through your body as the mysterious white glow shot out of your hands, surrounding your entire body and causing your feet to leave the ground.

You had just stormed into your room after yelling at Tony and Bucky. You were feeling terrible. Tony's heart was in the right place, and it was thanks to both of them you had so much freedom and were happy now. And Bucky had been defending you, and had never actually done something wrong. You were about to leave your room and apologise when the pain started.

You had never been so relieved in your life when you saw Bucky's face. You were scared and confused, and those emotions were mirrored on his face, along with worry and concern. You didn't have much time to relish in his company however before you felt the darkness take over and everything went black.

Bucky POV~
"Please! I need help!"
I was still yelling from Y/N's door as Natasha and Steve ran down the hallway.
"Bucky? What's wrong?" Steve panted.
"It's Y/N, she had a weird glowing aura thing around her and was screaming and then fell unconscious-"
"She's burning up, we need to get her to Dr Cho immediately," Natasha said, inside Y/N's room with her hand on Y/N's forehead.
"I've got her," I said, lifting her gently into my arms.
"Hurry, I'll alert the others." Steve ran the opposite direction as Natasha and I quickly rushed to the infirmary.

Every now and then Y/N would twitch and tremble in pain, and all I could think about was making sure she stayed alive. I couldn't lose her. I couldn't lose the only person who truly understood what I was going through, who actually cared.

"Dr Cho, we need your help now." Natasha ran over to the doctor as I lay Y/N on the bed. Dr Cho immediately went straight to her, checking her vitals. Nat and I explained exactly what happened.
"Well, she has a fever and is in a lot of pain right now. I've given her some morphine to help ease it, but I'm not quite sure what is causing this. I'll keep her under my watchful eye," Dr Cho explained.
"C-Can I stay with her?" I asked, keeping my voice from breaking.
"Of course, but that means Nat can't. She's still very very weak and I don't want to risk having more than one person in here at a time."
I looked up at Nat, and she smiled.
"Bucky, you stay. You've been helping Y/N so much and I can really see how much you care about her. And from what I've seen she cares about you too."
"Thank you," I said, and Nat nodded as she left the infirmary. I looked down at Y/N's shivering body, and pulled the blanket up closer to her chin. Without thinking, I reached out and took her hand, shocked at how hot her skin was. She gently squeezed it, the pained expression on her face relaxing slightly.

Y/N POV~
You may have become unconscious, but that didn't mean the pain had stopped. Chills sent down your spine, causing you to shiver every ten seconds. Your head felt like it was about to explode from the splitting pain digging into your temples. What was happening?

And the nightmares were a whole other story. Hydra torturing you, stabbing you with needles and electrocuting you replayed over and over in your mind. Days where you couldn't sleep and was constantly starving. The evil vicious smile of every doctor that ever ran their 'tests' on you. It was all flashing before your mind, playing those horrible images until you felt like you couldn't take it anymore.

Then came the warmth. Someone had slipped their hand into yours, slowing the chills, easing the pain. Suddenly, your nightmares began changing. Instead of you being tortured, it was Bucky. Instead of you being stabbed and electrocuted, it was Bucky. And for some reason you couldn't explain, seeing Bucky getting hurt was worse than seeing yourself. And you wanted his pain to stop. You wanted to run up to him, hold him, kiss him, but you couldn't. All you could do was watch him get tortured right before your eyes as another wave of pain convulsed through your veins.

A/N ~
Ooh, things are starting to get interesting. What do you think is happening to Y/N?

This was mainly a filler chapter haha but I still hope you're enjoying so far!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed, I loveee hearing feedback!

Have a spectacular day and I love you all <3