eleven

H/C - Hair colour

You were curled up in the corner, your body tired and weak from all the experiments. Thee room was almost completely white and silver, with a metal table and a metal chair. You were provided with a small pillow on the ground on which you slept. You hardly ever did though, unless it was forced or the pain was too much to stay conscious.

Your head turned as the door to your room opened. A man in a suit walked in, as well as another doctor.
"Your powers still refuse to show. If it's been this long we need to resort to more effective treatment."
Your shook your head, trembling.
"No, please, leave me alone," you whispered croakily. The man in the suit gestured to two of his men.
"Take her upstairs."

You jolted awake, unaware of the tears rolling down your cheek. You were trembling so much you could barely stand, but you did anyway and made your way out of your room, downstairs to the gym. You needed Bucky more than ever tonight.

As you entered the gym, you found it empty. That was strange. Bucky was usually here before you, but maybe he was just running late.

You slid down against the wall, hugging your legs against your chest. Before you knew it, you started sobbing, letting everything you'd bottled up the past few weeks out. You were lost, upset and scared, and you had been hiding it in fear others would see you as broken and fragile.

After an hour or so, Bucky still hadn't shown up. You felt bad, as if you were preventing him from properly sleeping every night and subconsciously forcing him to come down, but you were really hoping he'd show up, at least tonight.

Yet, you still sat there, unable to do anything but cry until the sun came up. You were tired, your eyes puffy and red when you decided to get up from your position on the floor and eat something.

As you neared the kitchen, you heard yelling from Tony and Bucky. Standing near the wall, you listened, not wanting to interrupt.
"She's perfectly capable of handling herself, and she's becoming stronger and stronger every day!" Bucky yelled.
"You didn't see what I saw Bucky! The security footage showed Y/N sat in the gym for almost four hours this morning crying. She's been hiding it from us! It might do her some good to go to a more comfortable environment for her." You froze. Tony saw you? And he wanted to get rid of you?
Bucky went quiet. "She- she was? I had no idea."
"Yes, she was. She's too fragile for this environment. And especially for your midnight sparring sessions, which yes, I've seen. We still don't know what she can do, especially if she hasn't learnt anything about her powers yet. We don't want her hurting herself or anyone else," Tony said.
You had heard enough. Digging your nails into your palms, you step out from your hiding place.
"Y/N-" Tony started, his face guilty.
"What Tony? I heard everything you said. What about what I want? All I want is to be seen as a strong independent person that can fend for herself, and I've been hiding all my emotions is for this exact reason. For fear of being seen as incapable and fragile. All I wanted to do was enjoy my freedom, and you two are here are deciding what I get to do with it. And you Bucky, I honestly thought I could trust you. I thought I truly had someone that understood what I was going through. But I guess we're all hiding things, aren't we?"
"Y/N, please-" Bucky pleaded, but you was already struggling to hold back the tears. You shook your head and turned on your heel to your room.

Bucky POV~
I felt horrible. Not just for Y/N hearing our conversation, though that feeling was terrible. But what I felt most guilty about was the fact she was crying all night and I wasn't even there to comfort her. I should've told her I wasn't showing up or something. At least that way she wouldn't of been expecting me to turn up.
"Ah shit. That conversation could've gone a lot better," Tony said, and I glared at him.
"She's right. She should be given a chance, just like the rest of us were. And now she hates us. Hates me. She has no reason to trust me anymore, especially since I wasn't even there when she let out all of those feelings she's been forced to bottle up for the past few weeks," I said, pinching the bridge of my nose between two fingers.
"Why do you even care what she thinks about you? When you first came here, you didn't give a shit whether we hated you or not." Tony was starting to get angry now, but I could see it in his face he was feeling guilty too.
"Maybe because I've found someone I actually care about, Tony. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to be the bigger person and go apologise. That's the least she deserves from me."

I stormed away from Tony, overwhelmed with guilt and anger. I focused on breathing, trying to calm myself down enough to speak to Y/N.

Just as I was about to knock on her door, an ear splitting scream came from inside her room.
"Y/N!" I flung open the door as quick as I could, and was frozen with terror at what I saw.

She was floating in the air, a white aura surrounding her body. Her H/C hair floated around her head, and her body was convulsing in pain. I had no idea what to do.
"Y/N?" I asked, worried sick.
"Bucky?" She whimpered, her eyes opening slightly, full of worry and fear.

She let out another scream as the white aura disappeared and she fell to the ground, unconscious. I immediately rushed to her side, my heart rate speeding up as I thought of something to do, anything.
"Help! Somebody help!"