fifteen

E/C - eye colour

Bucky POV~
"Y/N! There you are!" I spotted her on the balcony near the infirmary, leaning against the railing as she pulled her robe around her tighter. "What are you doing out here? It's freezing!"
Her head turned to me as she stood up straight. "Hey Bucky."
"Hey. I've been looking for you everywhere, I need to apologise. Again."
"Bucky, no, it's oka-"
"No, it's not. I've been selfish and a huge asshole and I'm really sorry. You deserve a lot better."
She smiled. "Thank you, Bucky."
She shivered, and I placed a hand on her arm.
"We should go back inside. I'm not sure you should even be standing, and it's too cold for you to stay out here."
She shook her head. "No, I want to stay. The air is fresh, there are no crazy sounds, and I can truly clear my head." Her breath fogged in the air as she spoke.
I nodded, sighing.
"Dance with me," she said all of a sudden, holding out her hand.
I wanted to take it more than ever, to hold her in my arms, but I hesitated. "I don't know, I don't want to hurt you Y/N."
"Look, I need to take my mind off all the crazy shit that's happened today, so for once stop worrying about me and dance, silly." She smiled, genuinely for the first time in a while as I nodded, taking her hand.

Y/N POV~
Bucky placed his arm around the small of your waist as you placed your other hand on his shoulder. He led you gently, careful not to go so hard as to hurt you. Time seemed to slow as you slowly danced there, him gently spinning you from time to time as you tried not to step on his toes.
"I never thanked you for saving my life last night," you spoke as you looked up into his eyes.
He looked back down at you. "You didn't need to. I barely saved you, I more just found you and carried you to the infirmary."
You smiled. "Still, you helped a lot last night. Those nightmares-" Your voice shook at the end of the sentence.
He stopped dancing for a moment, moving the hand that was holding yours to gently cup your face. "Hey, don't worry. None of that was real, and it won't be. I'm right here, okay?" He looked down, straight into your E/C eyes. You nodded, swallowing, before standing up on your toes and wrapping your arms around Bucky's neck. He froze for a moment, before returning the embrace, holding you tightly against him.
"Thank you Bucky," you whispered as he pulled back, his eyes drifting from your eyes to your lips. His arm around your back tightened slightly as you were caught in the moment. You wanted him to kiss you. You knew without a doubt you wanted to be his, and you wanted him to be yours. He stared at your face a moment longer before stepping away. You couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed, but it was probably for the best.

Bucky POV~
Her eyes sparkled in the reflection of the light as I looked from her eyes to her lips. I wanted to kiss her, more than anything. There wasn't anyone else on my mind constantly besides her, and I wished more than ever that I could tell her that.

She almost looked like she wanted to kiss me too.

But I had already broken her trust so much. I couldn't lose the one friendship that meant the most to me. I couldn't risk it. I stepped away, sighing.
"It's getting cold and dark, maybe we should go back inside." Y/N swallowed, nodding.
I led her back inside, to her room. She shivered as I pulled the covers over her. I paused for a second, staring into her eyes again.
"Uh, I should go. You should rest." I turned to leave, but she grabbed my hand.
"Stay? Please? I-I don't want to go through those nightmares again." I smiled softly, nodding before she shifted over in her bed. I slid down beside her as she nestled her head into my shoulder. The contact felt so natural, so easy. She interlocked her fingers with mine as I wrapped my other arm around her shoulders. I watched the gentle rise and fall of her chest as she fell into a peaceful sleep.